Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Thread 2014/2015

Options
  • 28-08-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

Home to Forest on the tele in 3rd round.

COYS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Our League Cup 3rd round game at home to Forest is confirmed for Wednesday 24 Sept (KO 7.45pm). It will be broadcast live on Sky Sports. nicked from COYS news

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forrest
    3rd Round
    Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Tricky fixture, expect a fiery encounter from Pearce's side. We desperately need to put in a good performance going into Saturdays game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forrest
    3rd Round
    Sky Sports 1 / Sky Sports 1 HD

Tricky fixture, expect a fiery encounter from Pearce's side. We desperately need to put in a good performance going into Saturdays game.

not sure a good performance wed night will make any difference to saturday but we should win this one - should !

So presumably you fancy us to lose on Saturday? We might get a hiding on Saturday 3-0, or along those lines. Not due to arsenal being superior. Defensively I don't think I've seen us this bad in a long time. Or could I name who will be starting either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

So presumably you fancy us to lose on Saturday? We might get a hiding on Saturday 3-0, or along those lines. Not due to arsenal being superior. Defensively I don't think I've seen us this bad in a long time. Or could I name who will be starting either.

i think we will get creamed on saturday. Yes arsenal arent great at the moment but our players will likely fold early on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Forest are flying high in the championship and we just lost at home to a bottom 3 epl team.

There's only way this game is going and that's us out of the cup or worse off to forests ground for another mid week replay.

yea forest are flying high and on current form would be too much for our 1st team ,never mind our 2nd sh1tty cups team

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Put out the Under 21's and see how they get on.
    Our delicate little flowers in the first team , can't seem to handle playing mid week games.

What is it, win four games to reach the final. Pretty quick route to pick up some silverware.
    Vorm surely has to play? A cb partnership of Dier & Jan. Soldado up front with Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What is it, win four games to reach the final. Pretty quick route to pick up some silverware.
    Vorm surely has to play? A cb partnership of Dier & Jan. Soldado up front with Kane.

Is that all it is? Crikey
    .. might be worth a punt so.

• Advertisement

Is that all it is? Crikey
    .. might be worth a punt so.

Not 100%, always seemed like you play a few games..."semi final stage"
    It's been a barren few years, our supposed cup team status has evaded us? Season is gonna be a tough one, reaching a final would be a welcomed distraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

It's a cup so let's try win it COYS

Vorm
    Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Davies
    Chadli Stambouli Dembele Lennon
    Lamela
    Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Soldado HAS to play 90 mins.
    And the next few games too!
    He was on the pitch for 30 mins i think it was against WBA, and considering his lack of match sharpness, i thought he showed with the near post shot on the half turn, he knows where the goal is.... Why not play him tonight, where you would think we'll create chances, and he can bang them in.
    Give him until Christmas, should score at least 10 goals, if not, sell him in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Vorm
    Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Davies
    Chadli Stambouli Dembele Lennon
    Lamela
    Soldado

Play Lloris instead of Vorm and I'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Play Lloris instead of Vorm and I'm happy

Why not play Vorm in the League cup?
    They way things are going Hugo will probably leave next summer,so we need to see as much of Vorm as we can.

Hammar wrote: »
    Why not play Vorm in the League cup?
    They way things are going Hugo will probably leave next summer,so we need to see as much of Vorm as we can.

Gotta play him, unless he's there to shine Hugo's boots? He's not played in a while, may be a tad rusty. All the same I rate him highly, plus Lloris deserves a night off.

#THFC team: Vorm, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Bentaleb, Stambouli; Lennon (c), Paulinho, Townsend; Soldado. #COYS

Pretty happy. Paulinho & Townsend not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

subs: Friedel, Chiriches, Dier, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane
    So Lloris can stay at home and watch Corrie :D

Wouldn't mind seeing Mason at some stage.

• Advertisement

strong team alright bar paulinhoo and the next gareth bale chap,,, hope we can nick a win inside the 90 mins

It'll be down to Townsend and Lennon to create the chances for Soldado, don't see Bentaleb or Paulinho doing much. Stambouli is an unknown?

Absolutely no pace in the team....zilch....Nor any creativity. God help Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Absolutely no pace in the team....zilch....Nor any creativity. God help Soldado.

Lennon and Townsend are both fast.

I agree with you on creativity though. Hard to see us scoring.

Good god... Forrest first attack.. Should of been a goal, and a beauty at that. Bentaleb is like a mannequin. Sideways passing at its best.

Ormus wrote: »
    Lennon and Townsend are both fast.

I agree with you on creativity though. Hard to see us scoring.

I feel sorry for him, chance to maybe shine, not with that midfield. Lennon our best bet.

Were gonna get mauled on Saturday.

There's no width, everyone is coming inside, its barmy I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Good god... Forrest first attack.. Should of been a goal, and a beauty at that.

We had 70% possession, but they have the first actual shot of the game.

Just like Liverpool last night, possession will never win a match. We need shots. We need goals!

Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Stambouli loves a tackle and putting his weight around. Great to see!

Advertisement