Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Very poor 1st half, no end product. No different from the AVB reign. Predictable football, playing everything through the middle, ponderous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I get the sense that if Soldado is given a good run in the team then the goals will come. In comparison, I just don't get that sense with Adebayor.

I think is more of a No.9 then a No.10. He just doesn't seem to be varying his runs and dropping out to pick up the ball from the wingers at all. Though I like seeing him up there with Soldado.

There's goals here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Jaysus we are lame. Our two wingers are brutal at passing / crossing / shooting. The best crosses have come when they've missed and our full backs have swung it in. And all this sideways passing is slow and predictable, followed by the inevitable last gasp through ball to an isolated striker, pitiful. Dembele is the only midfielder who can actually pass the ball to our strikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Someone should teach Townsend, you have to at least get the cross, past the first defender :mad:

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

About fecking time! (yes I have a bet on this game and I don't follow Spurs!)

• Advertisement

YAY

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

About fecking time! I don't follow Spurs!)

:rolleyes:

Not Now, A Lot Of People Know That...Arry :)

Hard luck Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

So Soldado and Kane on the bench sunday?

Townsends end product, why do we have to suffer anymore....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Cheers for that! Start Harry Kane Poch!

A goal for Sol would do us now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Reading bbc reports, sounds like Townsend is brutal again, yet he took Lennon off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Reading bbc reports, sounds like Townsend is brutal again, yet he took Lennon off

Lennon was injured apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Home to Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Home to Newcastle

Revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Round 5 – w/c 15th December 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Home to Newcastle

Home draw again is the important thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Home draw again is the important thing

That is crucial, get past newcastle and we have as good a chance as anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hmmm we had better improve drastically if we wanna progress in this competition. We need a good run in the league to get confidence back for this game. Don't know if it's gonna happen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Anyone notice Paulinho's contribution to the game when he came on.passed the ball straight to a Brighton player and when he came forward with the ball Paulinho pulled out of the tackle,so disappointed in that man.

Kane & Soldado both have to start against Villa. Townsend caught out a few of our players by passing it now and then. Everyone wants to cut inside, wingers should be tearing down the flanks delivering crosses. Zero width...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Everyone wants to cut inside, wingers should be tearing down the flanks delivering crosses. Zero width...

The purpose of Poch's tactics is to have more men in the box. The width is to come from the full backs, who should be the ones bombing down the wings and putting the crosses in. Then the three attacking midfielders and striker (typically Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela and Ade) should all be in the box either looking to get their head on the cross or be dropping off to the edge of the box so as to receive the ball for a shot.

The above was evident last week against Newcastle, where Rose was our most attacking threat and balls were flying across from his side.

The problem is we don't have the same threat down the right hand side because we have a centre back playing right back. Hopefully our fortunes will change when Walker arrives back, but you can see why we signed Yedlin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's a fine tactic to use...except we don't have anyone who can cross the bloody ball.

My thought preciously...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

mushykeogh wrote: »
    That is crucial, get past newcastle and we have as good a chance as anyone.

Home advantage didn't pay off last week-end, why will it be different next time?
    we are a poor team at the moment.

I actually thought Naughton had a decent game going forward last night, albeit against weak opposition. Reckon he made the most successful crosses of the night. It's his defensive naïvety that lets him down, similarly to Rose and Walker.

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    Home advantage didn't pay off last week-end, why will it be different next time?
    we are a poor team at the moment.

True, but we have won all our league cup games at home and id rather be a poor team at home rather than at st.james. I just think its better at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Home to West Ham in the 1/4s last year...thought that was a shoo in too so we did!!!!

• Advertisement

Home to West Ham in the 1/4s last year...thought that was a shoo in too so we did!!!!

yea lets use every game we lost at home as an example why we would be all happier if we got drawn away.

Advertisement