Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League Cup Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Will have to watch the highlights later.. In Sydney at the moment with no good internet so can only follow the feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ah yessssssss,poor Bobby!

Been a while since we were this relaxed watching a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Long Time Lurker

I'd say I'm alone in this but I'd start this keeper ahead of Lloris.

Go easy on me please :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Delighted with the clean sheet the most, solid performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Silly comment

mickman wrote: »
    Silly comment

His distribution is better, his decision making is better and he does a lot more talking. Lloris is without doubt a better shot stopper but often he has to do the amazing simply by putting himself in a mess in the first place. Anyway just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I didn't realise it until now, we are lucky to have to keepers of this quality fighting over a place

Go back to Lurking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Happy days, missed the 4th goal as stream kept stalling so must catch highlights later. COYS!!!

• Advertisement

Two wánkers in the stupid look disappointed with the draw, Redknapp looks speechless...wánker

Sheffield utd over 2 legs !!! bring it on.

Souness and Redknap look disgusted with the draw haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

excellent draw.

its the sort of season we'd go and win a cup, isn't it?

(... and then the pro - enic brigade can dance in the streets and look down on us from their high horses)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

excellent draw.

(... and then the pro - enic brigade can dance in the streets and look down on us from their high horses)

There's only one brigade that keep using cups as a measurement of improvement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

excellent draw.

Does that mean you'd rather we didn't win it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Spurs Chelsea final again going by favorites? We need to bring back Woodgates face to score the winner.

I don't think I could stomach loosing to either of them. Be lovely to have a final to go over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Sheffield united won't be easy lads. Its a semi final over two legs so we should be able to avoid that once off team playing out of their skins but it is Spurs we're dealing with. Anything can happen. i.e. a 4-0 drubbing of Newcastle.

I dont care who we face in the final, let's just get there first.

• Advertisement

I need to get a t-shirt made, just when the realization hits Redknapp/Souness mush.

Eriksen needs to stay put in the middle, dare I say it...we actually looked pacey at times.
    That win must give the side some confidence? Makes a change seeing a game out comfortably.
    I'll never have confidence with Vlad at the back, he'd make a decent right winger though.

great win and some good goals. At long last we have a good performance at home

Is this the start of something ?

That's blasphemy Mick.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    That's blasphemy Mick.

well our next two games should be wins

Burnely at home and leicester away

mickman wrote: »
    well our next two games should be wins

Burnely at home and leicester away

I gauge Tottenham from Paul The Degenerate Merson. If he has us to down lose we generally win.

Burnley are on a wee run, I like there team and manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

One swallow doesn't make a Summer. We beat Everton, we all jumped for joy and decided we were going to win the league. Then for the following two weeks we all talked about how pathetic.

As much as anyone I want us to string three wins together. I'll start changing my tune then and only then. COYS!

Although the games could thick and fast, we should see an improvement now that Europe is put to bed till February.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Although the games could thick and fast, we should see an improvement now that Europe is put to bed till February.

and i think we are going in the right direction,

id love to get to final and take my young lad to wembley, its been to long since i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

3 of us went over to game last night,or 2nd time seeing the Spurs v newcastle this season.I musy say there has been a huge improvement in players passing,movement in the last 2 months.
    could have won by more and WHL was rocking once again.have agreat opportunity to win the Capital one cup.one or 2 changes and we will finish the season strong,I firmly believe so.Sticking with a decent manager is a must and we have one now,optimism for the rest of the season.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

if anyone has the time for Capital one semi final @WHL,flight to Stansted €37 return,family ticket is £50,plenty choice of hotels at reasonable rates.so tempting....

Advertisement