Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Issues

Options
  • 28-08-2014 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭

I haven't been banned or suspended so I presumed Dispute Resolution wasn't appropriate. If this complaint should be there, apologies.

This thread is a train wreck. The OP explicitly asked for responses from patients that had travelled for dental treatment, and implicitly implied that responses from dentists weren't welcome, yet the dentists had to weigh in with their horror stories and disgusting images.

One of the dentists is a moderator of the forum that I've seen exhibiting the exact same behaviour many times in the past while reading these threads. S/he has an axe to grind and is completely incapable of moderating these threads fairly. They obviously feel strongly about the subject, but that's irrelevant, if they're not able to moderate themselves - and they aren't - they should step down.

The other dentist in the thread is just plain rude and ignorant. Both dentists have completely derailed the thread, probably preventing actual patients from responding. And this is far from the first time this has happened, the moderator in question dives in every time, preventing actual people from discussing the topic. This is why I say in the thread that their behaviour smacks of protectionism. Unfortunately the other dentist finds it too difficult to understand that protectionism doesn't have to be an individual thing.

It's about time this kind of behaviour, from the moderator in particular, was stopped. It's not a Dentists forum, it's a Dental Issues forum. And it's not just for Irish dentists.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

This poster is back seat moderating and was ask to stop as per charter. Everyone has the right if reply so long as it is within charter. This poster has continued to question moderation decisions and is banned from the forum for 3 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

And now the mod has suspended me. For 3 months, despite this probably being the first ever time I've posted in that forum. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

daveohdave wrote: »
    And now the mod has suspended me. For 3 months, despite this probably being the first ever time I've posted in that forum. Absolutely ridiculous.
    If you are appealing your 3-month ban, you may PM the Dental Issues mods to discuss this further, or the Science Cmods Dónal or Black Swan if you wish. Of course, if this issue cannot be resolved by PM, then you may consider opening a Dispute Resolution post.

I'm not. Did you read the OP?

Here you go. Entire point of the thread.
    daveohdave wrote: »
    I haven't been banned or suspended so I presumed Dispute Resolution wasn't appropriate. If this complaint should be there, apologies.

This thread is a train wreck. The OP explicitly asked for responses from patients that had travelled for dental treatment, and implicitly implied that responses from dentists weren't welcome, yet the dentists had to weigh in with their horror stories and disgusting images.

One of the dentists is a moderator of the forum that I've seen exhibiting the exact same behaviour many times in the past while reading these threads. S/he has an axe to grind and is completely incapable of moderating these threads fairly. They obviously feel strongly about the subject, but that's irrelevant, if they're not able to moderate themselves - and they aren't - they should step down.

The other dentist in the thread is just plain rude and ignorant. Both dentists have completely derailed the thread, probably preventing actual patients from responding. And this is far from the first time this has happened, the moderator in question dives in every time, preventing actual people from discussing the topic. This is why I say in the thread that their behaviour smacks of protectionism. Unfortunately the other dentist finds it too difficult to understand that protectionism doesn't have to be an individual thing.

It's about time this kind of behaviour, from the moderator in particular, was stopped. It's not a Dentists forum, it's a Dental Issues forum. And it's not just for Irish dentists.

I don't actually post in DI, because of the behaviour of the dentists and the mod I'm complaining about. It's impossible to get an unbiased answer in there on subjects like this, and this subject in particular. So I was prompted to complain. It isn't going well though, when the actual complaint was ignored and you chose to reply to post #3 instead.

Typical Boards bull, close ranks to protect the useless. G'luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The OP has since been sitebanned for various other offences, and isn't contesting the siteban either, so this is being closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement