Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Commerce International: Is picking 3rd language as an elective ridiculous?

Options
  • 28-08-2014 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'll be studying BCIT French and Spanish this Sep and am wondering whether or not I should take beginners Italian and/or German (depending on availability) as my electives? I got an A1 in French in LC and love it, then know the basics of Spanish. I love languages but people are saying I'm crazing taking on a third - it'll be too much etc etc. Any advice on this from current/past BCIT students - would I be taking on too much language wise? Also are there any in-programme modules that proved to be highly beneficial to your degree? This prob boils down to a personal thing but would appreciate advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 McKrab

A friend of mine was the same as you last year (studying BCIT with French and Spanish) and took Japanese as an elective and didn't have any problems. If you really like languages you should just go for it :)

Advertisement