Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces special event - September 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

u2 itunes love in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Have you ever met an Apple fan? ;)

Not one of the weird ones but I know people who only buy iPhones/iPads/Macs and I'm 100% certain they would just laugh at that watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

is there a pre-order in the uk starting on friday? I have relations over there but will be coming back on the 20th, if there is a pre-order and collect on the 19th then i will get the iPhone 6, will there be any difference in the uk version, I assume not??

In keeping with the theme of the day, u2's new song is lazy and unoriginal.

time thinks its the most amazing thing ever

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

This is cringey and fake haha

• Advertisement

free u2 album on itunes now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Cringe....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anyone one want my free copy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I wouldn't have downloaded it for free anyway.

No mention of Apple Watch battery life. Not a good sign especially with so much involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I think this live stream has given me cancer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Why stop at one of each?

GOOD POINT

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kagawa wrote: »
    is there a pre-order in the uk starting on friday? I have relations over there but will be coming back on the 20th, if there is a pre-order and collect on the 19th then i will get the iPhone 6, will there be any difference in the uk version, I assume not??

No difference whatsoever. It will be sim free too so you can pick aand choose your network.

Any prices released for the 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I want those 2 hours back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Love the Apple Watch - could cost me a lot of money - but need to see what battery life is like.

The Apple site is updated with a new flat navigation bar design also. Even was a disaster overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Not very impressive, the watch looks nice but has no real usefulness, disappointed there's no res bump, especially on the 6+, does it even qualify as "retina", and what's with doing away with 32gb versions. Worst unveil yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I’m intrigued more than I’m wowed. Despite the name, this isn’t a watch, no more than the original iPhone was a phone or the iPad was a big iPod Touch. It won’t appeal to everyone initially. It doesn’t even appeal to me. But nobody should be dismissing it before they’ve used it and third party developers have had a chance to explore its potential. People have dismissed Apple so many times in the past and ended up eating their words. Wearables in some form definitely have a future. I’m not sure if this is it, but it definitely feels like the beginning of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Happy enough. Nothing too wowing. Watch isnt something on my radar yet. V2 will hopefully. Getting the 6 in London any idea which store would be best to queue up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nobody is allowed to touch the watches that are on display. What are they hiding.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Happy enough. Nothing too wowing. Watch isnt something on my radar yet. V2 will hopefully. Getting the 6 in London any idea which store would be best to queue up at?

Seemly pre order on the 12th for collection on the 19th. Like the iPhone release, may not have to que for it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

lertsnim wrote: »
    Nobody is allowed to touch the watches that are on display. What are they hiding.

Beta / buggy software maybe? The release isn't until next year. Why does everything have to be some sort of conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So is the u2 album on itunes yet?
    Asking em for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

So can we in the Republic preorder for Belfast?

Zhane wrote: »
    So can we in the Republic preorder for Belfast?

Yes, I done it for the iPhone 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I couldn't see but was there a release date for tier 2 countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Available to order on 26 September.

guil wrote: »
    I couldn't see but was there a release date for tier 2 countries?

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are available September 19 in these (Tier 1) countries. And more soon after.

From the blog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Tempted by the iPhone 6 plus. Will have to see what price it is. I have an upgrade due so it won't be too expensive hopefully.

Wouldn't touch the watch in a fit. It's way too expensive and apple don't have the best track record with first generation devices. They get away with it because they have such a loyal fan base but in general it you wait a year for the next generation (usually the S) you get a much better device. So I'll be holding off on the watch for at least a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Advertisement