Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces special event - September 9th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

€699 for the 16gb
    €799 for the 64gb
    €899 for the 128gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Pricing Up

4.7 inch
    €699 €799 €899

5.5 inch
    €799 €899 €999

:eek:

16GB 64GB 128GB

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

The note 4 destroys the iphone 6 plus in specs, I think I'll be purchasing the note 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Spec wise are the 6 an 6+ the same apart from screen size?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Pricing Up

4.7 inch
    €699 €799 €899

5.5 inch
    €799 €899 €999

16GB 64GB 128GB

Ridiculous prices for the specs, only dual core, only 20% faster than cpu than in Iphone 5, only 1GB ram and only slightly better battery

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Pricing Up

4.7 inch
    €699 €799 €899

5.5 inch
    €799 €899 €999

16GB 64GB 128GB

They can ask my swiss role(x) at those prices

Pricing Up

4.7 inch
    €699 €799 €899

5.5 inch
    €799 €899 €999

16GB 64GB 128GB

I paid 599 stg for the IP5 32gb in 2012, so only 20 more for a 64gb is not bad imo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

iPhone 6
    Available to order on September 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Only way i'll buy one of these is if someone is going to the states.

As much as i'd love one i dont love those prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

fifth wrote: »
    Beta / buggy software maybe? The release isn't until next year. Why does everything have to be some sort of conspiracy.

Crap screen would be my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Honestly and that price and needing an iPhone to work, I wouldn't be so sure
    Ridiculous prices for the specs, only dual core, only 20% faster than cpu than in Iphone 5, only 1GB ram and only slightly better battery

aren't they the same price as last year for the 6? by and large iPhones blow android devices out of the water with their actual benchmarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Does it have sapphire?

Anyway here is a gallery of the Apple watches - there are more than one. They look like proper watches to me.

http://www.apple.com/watch/gallery/

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    Does it have sapphire?

yes

Only way i'll buy one of these is if someone is going to the states.

As much as i'd love one i dont love those prices

I was all set for buying in the states too, im going to NYC in December, but EU Consumer Law, and our Sale of goods Act is so useful here, ive had my iPhone 5 replaced by apple and fixed outside of warranty for free, and my brother got his done too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Only €100 off the 5s too!!

from €599.

Bar Stewards

Inquitus wrote: »
    Not very impressive, the watch looks nice but has no real usefulness, disappointed there's no res bump, especially on the 6+, does it even qualify as "retina", and what's with doing away with 32gb versions. Worst unveil yet!

1920×
    1080 is the resolution. are people making stuff up?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think the likes of Samsung will be delighted with those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I really REALLY can't see that watch taking off. Who wears watches nowadays?

Apple have responded to demand for larger screens (with their Phones)....yet introduced something so small!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

1920×
    1080 is the resolution. are people making stuff up?

Sorry I meant with all the top end large screen smartphones now launching with Quad HD 2,560x1,440 the resolution on the new iPhone 6+ is around half the pixel count.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Is the only point of the iwatch just so you don't have to take your phone out of your pocket to check things? I love gadgets but this just seems so pointless and crap.

Prices on the iPhones for the specs look over the top, be interesting to see some reviews.

After having an iPhone 4 and 5 I think the time to switch to HTC or Nexus may be upon me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

aren't they the same price as last year for the 6? by and large iPhones blow android devices out of the water with their actual benchmarks.

Hmm highly dubious

Could you provide me a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Everyone seems astonished with the price. I remember the iphone 5 was €899 for the 64gb at launch. Now you can get a 64 for €799. Obviously the plus was going to be a bit mor expensive.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Sorry I meant with all the top end large screen smartphones now launching with Quad HD 2,560x1,440 the resolution on the new iPhone 6+ is around half the pixel count.

right, well ill let idiots enjoy their higher pixel count. not that i am getting the larger screen anyway but my trusty 4S needs an upgrade. So it's the 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

py2006 wrote: »
    I really REALLY can't see that watch taking off. Who wears watches nowadays?

Apple have responded to demand for larger screens (with their Phones)....yet introduced something so small!!

Watches are very popular :confused:
    I've got 5 but they're nice, dressy watches, I wouldn't put one of those on my wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Anyone have a link to the SIM free prices in the States?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

That is bullshít, I have both Nexus 5 and 7 for personal use and now have an iPhone 5 and Ipad for work. Those specs really are a cop out, more of the same holding back for Apple. It annoys me they I'm forced use Apple for work, it hinders my production compared to how easy I can do things on latest versions of Android. I have Googled and searched for shortcuts that make iOS less clunky but they just aren't there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »
    Hmm highly dubious

Could you provide me a link?

Here is the 5S and comparative benchmarks review from AnandTech
    isn
    CPU
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/5

GPU
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/7

Obviously the 6 is not out yet, but it should be 20% faster and this is not the S - tock cycle.

Android phone manufactuers throw the best CPUs and GPUs but don't write the software, so they can't optimise.

Advertisement