Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple announces special event - September 9th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Batesy wrote: »
    Really!?! Jesus that's a new one on me.

Fair play.

ha ha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I'm just curious here, where do ye all keep your phones if not in your back pocket?
    lesson number one in avoiding having a phone worth between €600 and €1000 from getting stolen :
    don't put it in your arse pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

lesson number one in avoiding having a phone worth between €600 and €1000 from getting stolen :
    don't put it in your arse pocket.

I get that part but I've never had a phone stolen so I guess I'm lucky but for the life of me I couldn't imagine anyone walking around with a iPhone 6 or heaven forbid an iPhone 6plus in the front pocket of a pair of jaysus jeans!?!

What are they old school mega baggies from Hairy Legs just off Henry Street circa 1993.?!?

I jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Where can I replay the Apple event online? Apple's website keeps crashing the video everytime I tried to load it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I get that part but I've never had a phone stolen so I guess I'm lucky but for the life of me I couldn't imagine anyone walking around with a iPhone 6 or heaven forbid an iPhone 6plus in the front pocket of a pair of jaysus jeans!?!

What are they old school mega baggies from Hairy Legs just off Henry Street circa 1993.?!?

I jest.

Skinny jeans no.

Normal jeans yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Where can I replay the Apple event online? Apple's website keeps crashing the video everytime I tried to load it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I don't own any skinny jeans but I do own a couple of,pairs with shallow pockets where the 5s just about fits.

I did own a Samsung Ativ S for a short time and that phone is pretty much the same size as the iPhone 6. I could not sit down with it in those pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

godtabh wrote: »
    Early android users?

$200 For a 20gb hard drive? How times have changed...as an android fan I'll still admit the iPod Classic was the best media player ever IMO. We're not all so sour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

godtabh wrote: »
    Early android users?

Nope Apple fanboys back when it was okay to dish out a bit of criticism.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

All that time and Apple are still screwing us with the standard storage.

From 5GB to 16GB in 13 years. Of course content takes up so much less space these days. Oh, wait... what's HD video?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I'd happily go between flagship android phones or iphones, but this lark of saying that the iPhone 6 is comparable to a nexus 4 or any other non-flagship phone, just dream on..

so you're saying the Nexus 4 wasn't a flagship phone? why? it was direct from Google and had stock Android, none of that terrible, overpriced Samsung Touchwiz.

the Nexus 4 was a flagship phone at an absolute bargain price of €350. Google just marketed it terribly, it was only nerds who even heard of it.

iOS can have any specs it wants, it's the only phone that can run iOS apps which are usually more polished than Android versions in my opinion. though Android have a wider variety of apps.

so you're saying the Nexus 4 wasn't a flagship phone? why? it was direct from Google and had stock Android, none of that terrible, overpriced Samsung Touchwiz.

the Nexus 4 was a flagship phone at an absolute bargain price of €350. Google just marketed it terribly, it was only nerds who even heard of it.

iOS can have any specs it wants, it's the only phone that can run iOS apps which are usually more polished than Android versions in my opinion. though Android have a wider variety of apps.

Have you not heard about all the problems it had? Poor camera, underwhelming screen, low speaker glass back softer than butter, and so on.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Have you not heard about all the problems it had? Poor camera, underwhelming screen, low speaker glass back softer than butter, and so on.

well I used it for a year and thought it was great. it looked great as well. camera definitely was a bit crap though.

i'm comparing it to Samsung Android phones here, forget iPhone for the moment.

the question is was N4 a flagship phone and I think it definitely was. do you not agree?

well I used it for a year and thought it was great. it looked great as well. camera definitely was a bit crap though.

i'm comparing it to Samsung Android phones here, forget iPhone for the moment.

the question is was N4 a flagship phone and I think it definitely was. do you not agree?

It didn't feel premium, camera sucked, any time someone tried to show it to me to prove it was better than my iphone 5 they'd spend 5 minutes flicking various settings turning on this and off that only for it to feel less than premium, clunky in the hand with poor finishes all around and a disappointing screen.

It may have been a good phone for the price, but flagship for me is something that should feel like you've got an expensive thing in your hand and not have to keep reminding yourself of 'oh well it only cost 350..'

Anyway you only kept the poxy thing for a year! can't have been that good! :P

iPhones having any specs they want is a feature not a bug, anyway. To reply to your earlier post. It costs apple huge money to develop ios and police the app store compared to the free for all on android where everyone and their mother is making apps which may or may not support one of the thousands of other combinations of android version, screen size, hardware buttons, etc etc.

so what Android phones did feel premium to you? the Galaxy S5? HTC one M8?

i change up phones a lot! Got the Nexus 5 in February, which I thought was a worse version of N4. And now getting this iPhone.

so what Android phones did feel premium to you? the Galaxy S5? HTC one M8?

i change up phones a lot! Got the Nexus 5 in February, which I thought was a worse version of N4. And now getting this iPhone.

Yeah the HTC one m8 feels nice although it's too wide for my hands (going from the 5 it felt like it was slipping out of my hand, probably would have got used to it though), but the general finishing is pretty good. Haven't tried too many other flagship phones of this generation. Samsung S3 felt cheap, haven't touched the s5 so can't comment.

Probably makes more sense to upgrade more often, sell the phone for 80% of full price after 8-12 months, like bangernomics but with phones!

I don't think I can afford this generation of iphone but since my 5 has lived in a lifeproof case all its life it's still lovely.

The only premium Android in my mind and it's a distant second to the iPhone is the Xperia Z3. I say distant second because of all the flaps, the weird corners and the large and ugly magnetic charger.

The htc M8 is just a design mess. The back is a mess and the front looks even worse with it's even larger than iPhone bezels and those speakers grills look like plastic and stuck on.

The S5 is just one extremely ugly thing, so is the G3.

Nope definitely the iPhone 6 is the one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,089 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

F34 wrote: »
    I have the lg g3 so the 6 plus is a bit bigger than it but I find the lg easy enough to use everyday so don't think there will be much difference with the 6 plus. Looking forward to going back to apple while the g3 is a really nice phone it lacks the support that apple give with their products. This is something I've come up with time and time with Samsung, htc and lg they just can't beat apples customer experience in my opinion.

Where did you get the G3 ? I've been looking to pick one up for a while now.
    What's it like in everyday use ? I have a note 3 at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The only attractive android phone to me was the NEW HTC One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Where did you get the G3 ? I've been looking to pick one up for a while now.
    What's it like in everyday use ? I have a note 3 at the minute.

I got the 32gb one on-line from Germany. It's actually quite a good phone pics are good and it is quick. The knock code thing is a wee bit annoying sometimes.

It doesn't feel that big and it feels light enough in everyday use if it had the front facing speakers of the m8 it would be fantastic.

Looking to move back to iPhone I think the apps are better and apples customer care is a big draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

mad muffin wrote:
    The only premium Android in my mind and it's a distant second to the iPhone is the Xperia Z3. I say distant second because of all the flaps, the weird corners and the large and ugly magnetic charger.

You can't be serious the M8 is the best looking smartphone ever designed period and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial or deluded the Z3 is smart too but not as beautiful as the M8.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    You can't be serious the M8 is the best looking smartphone ever designed period and anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial or deluded the Z3 is smart too but not as beautiful as the M8.
    You have got to be joking, it's an absolutely beautiful phone I've never come across anyone who said otherwise, not to mention it has the best sound 🔊 of any phone

If you feel so strongly about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The htc M8 is just a design mess. The back is a mess and the front looks even worse with it's even larger than iPhone bezels and those speakers grills look like plastic and stuck on.

The S5 is just one extremely ugly thing, so is the G3.

Nope definitely the iPhone 6 is the one for me.

Few people use phones out of cases, in reality the exterior drain of a phone is largely irrelevant as it's wrapped in plastic/ rubber/leather

If you feel so strongly about it :pac:

Jaysus sorry bout that no idea what happened there lol :D:pac:

Screen size and resolution are the only thing they have in common. I bet you a new iPhone 6 that the:

Camera

Screen

Build

OS

Apps

Usability

Are all much better than the nexus 4.

The camera maybe but nothing else.

Remember the Nexus 4 is 2 years old now and has since been eclipsed by other premium phones like HTC M8, Sony xperia Z3, LG G3 and Samsung Note 4 not to mention startup company One + offering an high end premium phone running latest Android for €350 for 64GB.

Listen I knew you sheeple would get all defensive when the truth was pointed out to you so adios folks enjoy your 2012 smartphone ��

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

The camera maybe but nothing else.

Remember the Nexus 4 is 2 years old now and has since been eclipsed by other premium phones like HTC M8, Sony xperia Z3, LG G3 and Samsung Note 4 not to mention startup company One + offering an high end premium phone running latest Android for €350 for 64GB.

Listen I knew you sheeple would get all defensive when the truth was pointed out to you so adios folks enjoy your 2012 smartphone ��

ah no come back you were great to have around :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

I'm sorry but I didn't know that Raymond Weil and Monaco made smart watches. Oh ya that's because they don't. People who buy an Apple Watch are looking for a SMART WATCH not a watch.

how is it a "SMART WATCH" if it needs the phone to work? Without the phone its just a DIGITAL WATCH!!!

Advertisement