Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package delivered but not to me!

Options
  • 28-08-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I assume I'm in the right place for this query. A couple of weeks ago I placed an order, not for the first time, with a well known premium high street store's online site. I specified my work place as the delivery as I had done previously with no issues. I hadn't received the order after over a week which I thought was odd so checked it out with their help service and was told that it had been delivered. I checked the link which showed that someone had indeed signed for it. Problem is, it wasn't signed for by anyone to do with my company or anyone else who occupies the building. My delivery details as per the order were 100% correct and as per previous orders. The package has gone AWOL basically after being signed for by no one to do with the delivery address. I have re-contacted their help desk to see what they can do but I don't think I should accept anything other than the order resent or a full refund. I'm waiting to hear back from them again.

Has anyone else ever been in this situation? What are my actual rights in this situation? If the company I order from refuse to accept liability, will Visa (visa debit) cancel the transaction? Is there more I can do?

Cheers for the advice,

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Maybe request a copy of the delivery note and the signature and go from there ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

ZENER wrote: »
    Maybe request a copy of the delivery note and the signature and go from there ?

Ken

thanks ken,ive already downloaded the proof of delivery direct from dhl...i guess ill have to see what comes back from the online retailer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Of course you don't have to accept it.

I have an online business and in a case like this our first answer is similar as in many cases a colleague takes it in and puts it in a cupboard and "forgets" about it.

Once its established that it is not there, we would contact our delivery service and ask for more information, but in the meantime we'd be preparing a second order for the customer.

If the delivery company doesn't provide satisfactory answer we dispatch the replacement order and claim against the delivery company.

I think what we do is a fairly standard response, so I wouldn't be too worried as they are probably following a procedure.

Advertisement