Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Leave and Post natal depression

Options
  • 28-08-2014 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey people was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice on this....So im due back to work in 6weeks after maternity leave but have today been diagnosed with post natal depression from my doctor,i was just wonderng am i entitled to go out of work absent with this or do i have to return afterwards. My job hasnt paid me anything extra while im on this leave. also could i go out sick now or wait till my benefit ends thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wait until your benefit ends. then go to the doctor and see if they are willing to give you a cert for a period of time. I dont mean that there is a chance that they will not give yo cert, but they can't until you present yourself at the office on that date.

They have yellow certs in the doctors office, get one signed and they will have to be sent to the DSP weekly.

I hope you get all the help you need....

Advertisement