Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man comes out to family about being Gay, does not go well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Czarcasm wrote: »

I never said for a minute anyone couldn't base their opinions off their own experience or that they couldn't view this incident from their own personal perspective. I imagine that's why this guy is getting so many donations is because of that. It's not one rule for me at all, I just happen to see his behaviour differently, regardless of the fact that he's gay. Other people excuse his behaviour only because he's gay.

This whole incident came about because he's gay. He's not being thrown out because he committed a crime or wasn't doing his chores or flunking out of college, he's being cut off purely because he's gay and refused to accept his parent's assertion that this was a choice and one he should stop making.

His behaviour in that scenario certainly doesn't need excusing in my book. Why should ignorance and prejudice be accepted and never questioned just because it's your parents who are spouting it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Dark Crystal, here is a question ...
    Why do you think he recorded it and put it on youtube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Don't you get it? Clearly for his own safety :rolleyes:

Can we change the title to ......

Gay man comes out as a Drama Queen and attention seeker to his god fearing country hick parents, does not go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

This whole incident came about because he's gay. He's not being thrown out because he committed a crime or wasn't doing his chores or flunking out of college, he's being cut off purely because he's gay and refused to accept his parent's assertion that this was a choice and one he should stop making.

His parents knew for a long time before now that he was gay. This whole situation came about because he decided that it wasn't enough to air his hatred for his parents on Facebook, he had to goad them into reacting and then put it up on YouTube. We only get a five minute snippet of how his parents react to him goading them, and none of how they treated him for the last 20 years. Overnight, on the basis of that, he gets $50k and is treated like an internet celebrity when somewhere else, even in Ireland alone, a child is being beaten within an inch of their life and they don't have any opportunity to upload the beating on social media. Will they see any of the sympathy this guy is getting? They won't, and there's no point in saying they would because it happens on a daily basis.

His behaviour in that scenario certainly doesn't need excusing in my book. Why should ignorance and prejudice be accepted and never questioned just because it's your parents who are spouting it?

If he didn't want to accept it, at 20 years of age, he was certainly old enough to move out and start a new life for himself. He doesn't need all that money to do it, and if he'd been desperate enough, and it had been so hard on him, he would have moved out long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

The only side effect of this is that people will point and laugh for a week Jerry Springer style, and as for the crushing impact it can have on the mental health of young LGBT people, I couldn't give a rats ass for his mental health after witnessing the way he behaves towards his parents. I'm sure all the money raised will go to help other young people though, right?

You act like it's the worst thing can happen to someone. Unfortunately we live in a reality where there's far more scary and emotionally horrible situations out there than just being told to leave home at 20 years of age. He should be able to accept their decision and move on if he hated them that much that he expressed such hatred on social media and then uploaded that crap to YouTube. What happens to the next person who uploads their difficult 'coming out' video to YouTube? Will they too get €35k in the space of a couple of hours? I doubt it.

Yes like being disowned for some stupid bloody non-issue.

He wasn't merely 'told to move out at 20 years of age'. Czarcasm, you seem to be happy to ridicule this chap, yet refuse to actually consider the whole issue on which this thread is based. Pretending it's just an adult being politely asked to fly the nest due to old age is so far removed from the actual topic of the thread it is completely bloody disingenuous.

Sure this is AH Czar, no need to consider the facts.

I have no idea why anyone uploads their personal stuff on youtube. I'm not inside his head, so can't hazard a random guess at his reasons for doing so, not knowing the guy personally.

I'll leave the supposition to others who already seem to be completely clued up as to his ulterior motives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They tend to be more isn't the Old Testament stuff rather than the forgiveness and respect seen in the New Testament and the current pope.

I wonder if he was coming out as a wife beater would they be so outraged?

They also tend to care more about following the rules of the bible than people. Which is something that goes against the rules in the bible. Strange unhappy people.

Lots of victims of abuse want the outside world to see what they're experiencing. It's a coping mechanism and it gets rid of the secrecy that allows abuse to thrive. And yes I do consider rejecting a child because of who they are and denying who they are abuse.

His parents knew for a long time before now that he was gay. This whole situation came about because he decided that it wasn't enough to air his hatred for his parents on Facebook, he had to goad them into reacting and then put it up on YouTube. We only get a five minute snippet of how his parents react to him goading them, and none of how they treated him for the last 20 years. Overnight, on the basis of that, he gets $50k and is treated like an internet celebrity when somewhere else, even in Ireland alone, a child is being beaten within an inch of their life and they don't have any opportunity to upload the beating on social media. Will they see any of the sympathy this guy is getting? They won't, and there's no point in saying they would because it happens on a daily basis.

Where are these posts? At one point he asks his father to prove such allegations, but he gets the brush off. Also, why do you presume he's goading them? Is coming out and standing up for yourself seen as goading now?

Not sure where battered children come into this topic, but I feel acute compassion for any child made to suffer mentally or physically at the hands of the people who are supposed to love and support them. That's why children's charities receive generous donations every day.

If he didn't want to accept it, at 20 years of age, he was certainly old enough to move out and start a new life for himself. He doesn't need all that money to do it, and if he'd been desperate enough, and it had been so hard on him, he would have moved out long ago.

We don't know how long it is since he came out, so why would he have felt the need to move out long before now?

Again, he didn't ask anyone for money.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

How in hell's blazes can you claim that the lad was 'dissing' his parents? The mother attacked the poor 'f**ker'! Were we watching the same video clip?

Rothmans wrote: »
    Yes like being disowned for some stupid bloody non-issue.

It's a non-issue though to you and I. It's not a non-issue to the people that raised him for the last 20 years of his life according to their beliefs.

He wasn't merely 'told to move out at 20 years of age'. Czarcasm, you seem to be happy to ridicule this chap, yet refuse to actually consider the whole issue on which this thread is based. Pretending it's just an adult being politely asked to fly the nest due to old age is so far removed from the actual topic of the thread it is completely bloody disingenuous.

I'm not refusing at all to actually consider the whole issue on which this thread is based, and I've seen it many times where children (and I mean children, not 20 year old adults) are disowned and thrown out of their homes by their parents (I left of my own accord, I wasn't thrown out), and not just because they were LGB or their parents were religious, but for numerous reasons.

Sure this is AH Czar, no need to consider the facts.

Certainly not, let's just throw money at the entitled little shìte so he can cover his living expenses, because sure as hell he's likely never to work a day in his life. No need to consider facts at all when we can just feel better about ourselves by donating money to one single person who has a fight with their parents.

The Internet comes to the rescue again and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that we saved a special snowflake today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

KungPao wrote: »
    Religion really brings out the best in people eh?

I can picture the queer-hating blokes with mullets and shotguns, and a pickup 'out biyak' with a confederate flag on the window.

What about the freedom to wear a hairstyle of choice, freedom to bear arms, freedom to drive your own vehicle, freedom of political self-determination?

Where is the love Kungpao?Oh ... and I ain't talking about piggy-squeeling love. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

The funniest thing about this is the initial woman (the mother!) saying 'I have known since you were a little boy that you were gay, but you have made a choice........ (to be gay?)'
    'I will not let people believe that I condone what you do'.

Certainly not, let's just throw money at the entitled little shìte so he can cover his living expenses, because sure as hell he's likely never to work a day in his life. No need to consider facts at all when we can just feel better about ourselves by donating money to one single person who has a fight with their parents.

The Internet comes to the rescue again and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief that we saved a special snowflake today.

How did you come to that conclusion :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

It's a non-issue though to you and I. It's not a non-issue to the people that raised him for the last 20 years of his life according to their beliefs.

I'm not refusing at all to actually consider the whole issue on which this thread is based, and I've seen it many times where children (and I mean children, not 20 year old adults) are disowned and thrown out of their homes by their parents (I left of my own accord, I wasn't thrown out), and not just because they were LGB or their parents were religious, but for numerous reasons.

'Entitled little shìte'?

He got asked to leave his house, physically attacked by his parents, verbally abused by them, and never set up the kickstarter himself either.

What the fùck is wrong with you?

You clearly have a MAJOR chip on your shoulder considering you felt the need to leave home at 16, because you're clearly actively glazing over what the parents have done.

THE LOVING MOTHER:

'God creates nobody that way, it's a path that you have chosen to choose'.

'I'm going by the word of God'

'Since you have chosen that path, we will not support you any longer'

'You will need to move out'

'I don't support you'. 'I don't support what you do'. 'I have a lot of friends who are gay, but they're not related to me'.

'You're full of ****'. 'You told me on the phone that you made that choice'. 'You know you wasn't born that way!, you know damn good and well that you made that choice'.

'Let me tell you something (sound of slaps) you little piece of ****' (Boy replies 'You're not going to f**ckin hit me'). (More slaps)

Son: 'Get off me bitch'.

Son: 'Get offa me, what's wrong with you.'

Mother: 'You don't tell lies on me you little piece of ****'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭The Adversary

I'd put money on at least one of the parents being a closet case.

Laughing at the bit where the mother calls herself a bitch :D

Loving Father:

You're a disgrace.
    I'm sorry to tell you son, but you are.

NOW HOW CAN YOU TELL ME THAT THE POOR F***ER DID ANYTHING WRONG HERE?

I'll transcribe the whole thing for you if you like???

• Advertisement

I'd put money on at least one of the parents being a closet case.

Daddy, most likely.

How did you come to that conclusion :confused:

He's closed down his Facebook page (so we won't see those comments his step-mother or his grandmother, I'm not sure which, refers to, but it just shows how much of a smart arse he is that in the middle of an argument he tells his parents to "prove it", as if they're going to calmly pull out their smartphones or whatever in the middle of him telling them their beliefs are stupid) and has posted that people sit tight for a fan page. He also has enough money and notoriety now that he's become something of an internet celebrity that he never has to work a day in his life to actually earn what other people have worked for.

At 20 years of age and he's bitching about the fact that he's being thrown out after questioning could he go and live in his step-mothers or his grandmothers basement it just shows the sense of entitlement he has, and on the gofundme page, he's all about "me, me, me" and no mention of him donating the money raised to a charity that would be used not just to help one person, but to help many people.

Where are these posts? At one point he asks his father to prove such allegations, but he gets the brush off. Also, why do you presume he's goading them? Is coming out and standing up for yourself seen as goading now?

I asked the same question of Czarcasm earlier. Much like the father's reaction, I got the brush-off. I checked out his public facebook profile yesterday after someone on this thread told us where to find it, and saw nothing like Czar seems to be insinuating. The only post of any relevance that he was unpleasantly surprised to come home from work to find this unpleasant intervention.

Just because they demonise him for his sexuality based on some arbitrary opinions or beliefs doesn't make it right Czar.

Some vague sentences on how other people also get kicked out for other reasons in other places isn't exactly relevant when apparently not applicable to the issue in the current thread. Just a load of whataboutery tbh.

Where are you getting these notions, you just want to sit beside your keyboard and ridicule this chap, secure in your anonymity.

Regarding the 'he'll never work a day in his life bit', it may disappoint you to be made aware that this intervention awaited him after a day at work.

Reminds me of a joke retort used when "Christians" (they're not) try to use the bible to condemn homosexuality.
    Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

I don't know if it's been posted already but here is the guys facebook https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=748278075229294&set=vb.100001413265898&type=2&theater If you read the comments he actually posts screenshots of messages exchanged between him and his mother from last October.He had come out to his family months ago, from my understanding his grandparents had held the intervention and the woman who was speaking at the start of the video is his grandmother.The woman who hits him is his step mother.His boyfriend is the person who is filming the video.His friend uploaded the video and created the donation thingey.I think it's a bit excessive giving him over 50 grand but it's also very nice to see strangers ralLy around somebody who from what we can see clearly didn't have a great start in life thanks to back word thinking ejits.No matter any of our opinions this video has raised a lot of awareness for the LGBT Community.I don't know if any of this info has already been posted because I cba looking over 19 pages but I said I'd throw in my two half!

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    'Entitled little shìte'?

He got asked to leave his house, physically attacked by his parents, verbally abused by them, and never set up the kickstarter himself either.

What the fùck is wrong with you?

It's not a kickstarter, which is a crowdsourcing fund campaign for business ideas, it's a gofundme campaign, clue is in the title, which is a very different thing asking for charitable donations. In this case - to fund someone else's lifestyle.

There's nothing wrong with me either btw, I just hate seeing a little prick like this being hailed like he's some sort of a hero when all he is, is a selfish little twat.

You clearly have a MAJOR chip on your shoulder considering you felt the need to leave home at 16, because you're clearly actively glazing over what the parents have done.

I've no chips on my shoulders at all, why would I? It was one thing I don't regret doing and it was the making of me as a person. Scary as hell at the time, but I would've been worse off to stay where I was. I'm not at all glazing over what his parents have done, I'm just not willing to pass knee-jerk judgments on them for a five minute video clip after they've raised the man for the last 20 years. We don't know anything only what we're being shown, and from what we're being shown, I just don't have any sympathy for this guy. I can understand why his parents reacted the way they did based on just that clip alone if that's what they had to put up with all day every day.

Not because he's gay, but because of his attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Lots of victims of abuse want the outside world to see what they're experiencing. It's a coping mechanism and it gets rid of the secrecy that allows abuse to thrive. And yes I do consider rejecting a child because of who they are and denying who they are abuse.
    That child is a 20 year old adult.

Although in mitigation, going by the audio he could easily pass for about 8 or 9.

padd b1975 wrote: »

Although in mitigation, going by the audio he could easily pass for about 8 or 9.

20 years of abuse. His mother said that she knew he was gay from an earlier age. She considered it a choice paradoxically. The child is a 20 year old traumatised adult no doubt.

It's not a kickstarter, which is a crowdsourcing fund campaign for business ideas, it's a gofundme campaign, clue is in the title, which is a very different thing asking for charitable donations. In this case - to fund someone else's lifestyle.

There's nothing wrong with me either btw, I just hate seeing a little prick like this being hailed like he's some sort of a hero when all he is, is a selfish little twat.

I've no chips on my shoulders at all, why would I? It was one thing I don't regret doing and it was the making of me as a person. Scary as hell at the time, but I would've been worse off to stay where I was. I'm not at all glazing over what his parents have done, I'm just not willing to pass knee-jerk judgments on them for a five minute video clip after they've raised the man for the last 20 years. We don't know anything only what we're being shown, and from what we're being shown, I just don't have any sympathy for this guy. I can understand why his parents reacted the way they did based on just that clip alone if that's what they had to put up with all day every day.

You can understand his parents verbally and physically abusing him?

That's not healthy either.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    20 years of abuse. His mother said that she knew he was gay from an earlier age. She considered it a choice paradoxically. The child is a 20 year old traumatised adult no doubt.

Definitely something a miss right enough, I agree with you there.

You can understand his parents verbally and physically abusing him?

That's not healthy either.

Given that your barometer for healthy is to tell someone who disagrees with you that they are obsessed with homosexuality and they should suck on some dick to get it out of their system, I hope you'll understand when I say I'm not particularly bothered by your idea of what's healthy and what isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

What a bitter post. It's not a competition and no-one is saying he has it worse than other people. No-one could possibly know about every disowned youth/young adult, although I'd prefer if people would donate to a charity in general and not to just one person. Video's like this do make it more personal, and if this wasn't released I don't think that money would've been raised/donated elsewhere. So no-one else lost out.

To me, the worst form of Entitlement is when you see someone else get something and you say, that's not fair/he doesn't deserve it/why didn't I get donations etc... Just because he had it easier than other people doesn't mean we can't feel sorry for him. Far worse things happen, but very few people record it and post it online.

In the long run, I hope this inspires more young people to reach out about their problems. Too many people in this situation end up committing suicide and by reaching out, he may inspire others.

I'm not at all glazing over what his parents have done, I'm just not willing to pass knee-jerk judgments on them for a five minute video clip after they've raised the man for the last 20 years.

And yet based on the same five-minute clip you've made plenty of knee-jerk judgments about him: "selfish little twat", "jumped-up little prick", "self-entitled princess", "will never work a day in his life" etc.

Just 'cause you were able to leave home at 16 doesn't mean everybody should have to follow your example. You're clearly judging this guy negatively for not having moved out earlier despite knowing nothing of his background, his support network (or lack thereof), his financial situation etc.

Maybe it wasn't very classy to video the encounter and put it on Youtube. But if his family weren't homophobic or abusive there'd be nothing to for him to record in the first place.

Given that your barometer for healthy is to tell someone who disagrees with you that they are obsessed with homosexuality and they should suck on some dick to get it out of their system, I hope you'll understand when I say I'm not particularly bothered by your idea of what's healthy and what isn't.

I never even read his posts here, or engaged in an argument with him.

I was basing my comment purely on his bigoted post history and obsession with homosexuality.

So there was no disagreement, it was a 'ignore this guy, he's got nothing nice or rational to say and he's obsessed with anything gay related'.

Again, you're just throwing people off and diverting the discussion by ignoring the abuse part of everybody's posts.

You've been caught out a lot here already, actually maybe engage with that instead of shifting goalposts to suit your argument?

In the long run, I hope this inspires more young people to reach out about their problems. Too many people in this situation end up committing suicide and by reaching out, he may inspire others.

In the long run this will all be forgotten about by next week. This will just inspire more people to ask for money and does nothing for anyone else.

Hahahaha that's hilarious because you show absolutely no hesitation in judging him whatsoever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

He's closed down his Facebook page (so we won't see those comments his step-mother or his grandmother, I'm not sure which, refers to, but it just shows how much of a smart arse he is that in the middle of an argument he tells his parents to "prove it", as if they're going to calmly pull out their smartphones or whatever in the middle of him telling them their beliefs are stupid) and has posted that people sit tight for a fan page. He also has enough money and notoriety now that he's become something of an internet celebrity that he never has to work a day in his life to actually earn what other people have worked for.

At 20 years of age and he's bitching about the fact that he's being thrown out after questioning could he go and live in his step-mothers or his grandmothers basement it just shows the sense of entitlement he has, and on the gofundme page, he's all about "me, me, me" and no mention of him donating the money raised to a charity that would be used not just to help one person, but to help many people.

You keep bringing up the parents beliefs, as if they're some sacred thing, . Fristly, they're bigots. Secondly, they're igorant. Thirdly the guy is their own son, and instead of calmly discussing something that they say themself they've always know, they verbally attack him, call him a queer then assault him.

And he's in the wrong for all this?

His age has NOTHING to do with this,wouldnt matter if he's 15 or 20 or 30, his parents are telling him they dont want him around because he's gay. That's the simple crux of the matter. his biggest crime in this is "mocking their beliefs" well boo hoo, if their beliefs are that shoddy that someone questioning them makes them turf that person out they weren't all that strong to begin with.

"You're gay and you parents dont like you, so just suck it up and leave" is what you're basically saying. And you think people won't have a bit of an issue with this?

In the long run this will all be forgotten about by next week. This will just inspire more people to ask for money and does nothing for anyone else.

Oh yes it does. You possibly never experienced familial abuse. Going public with it has to be the bravest thing I've ever heard of. No-one would believe some things, unless they see it. You can't even believe it when it's there in black and white!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

caustic 1 wrote: »
    Bull****, I have three teens and they know how detrimental it can be to post stuff online. They do put stuff up but it's not every documented minute of their lives and they know that sometimes it can come back to bite you.

That's your teens though. Some don't seem to have a 'filter' really at all. I'm know a few teachers and the horror stories I hear about stuff that goes up on social media is really quite disturbing. A lot of that generation have absolutely no cop on whatsoever about privacy or publication.

Whatever about his online posting habits though, what it is showing is a behind-the-scenes peak into what other people have to put up with from their parents.

He's chosen to publish it and he's also 20 so he's at least a young adult at this stage. However, this kind of reaction is what's facing quite a lot of teens and they don't publicise it, rather they just have to put up with it and maybe get beaten up, maybe get driven to going homeless or even self-harm.

I have no idea what this guy's motives for publishing this video are (and to be fair he didn't identify them with images, just voices) but, it does really clearly illustrate the kind of utter nonsense that people have to put up with from parents like that.

A lot of awful **** goes on behind closed doors.

I never even read his posts here, or engaged in an argument with him.

I was basing my comment purely on his bigoted post history and obsession with homosexuality.

So there was no disagreement, it was a 'ignore this guy, he's got nothing nice or rational to say and he's obsessed with anything gay related'.

Again, you're just throwing people off and diverting the discussion by ignoring the abuse part of everybody's posts.

You've been caught out a lot here already, actually maybe engage with that instead of shifted goalposts to suit your argument?

I'm not trying to throw anyone off anything. People are going to believe what they want regardless of anything that's discussed here. I also haven't been 'caught out' or ignored the abuse part of anyone's posts. If anything I specifically addressed it when I said I can understand why his parents reacted the way they did.

You and other posters have chosen to ignore and even excuse his behaviour towards his parents on the basis that he's gay and religion is a crock. Standard reply really, and not in the least bit unexpected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Doesn't take much for the mask to slip Czarcasm, at this point your contempt for LGBT people is downright palpable. I know better than to get drawn into an argument with you, because you'll keep going and going endlessly, just like you always do. Redzer is right, you and some other folks here are utterly obsessed with LGBT topics it's frightening, you can open up just about any LGBT related thread on After Hours and low and behold Czarcasm and a few other usual suspects are absolutely dominating the discussion.

• Advertisement

But I thought it was going to make him a huge internet sensation who'll make enough money never to have to work again. Surely that doesn't work if he'll just be forgotten by next week....

padd b1975 wrote: »

Cos of his actions or his gay sounding voice? In your case I'd imagine it's the second one that irks you more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

How much has he made out of this so far?

I'm not trying to throw anyone off anything. People are going to believe what they want regardless of anything that's discussed here. I also haven't been 'caught out' or ignored the abuse part of anyone's posts. If anything I specifically addressed it when I said I can understand why his parents reacted the way they did.

You and other posters have chosen to ignore and even excuse his behaviour towards his parents on the basis that he's gay and religion is a crock. Standard reply really, and not in the least bit unexpected.

Because they're bigots, that we can agree on. Anything he does or says after that is is based on their decision to turf him out of his home because he's gay. You keep ignoring this simple thing. If they didnt have a problem with him being gay none of this would have been an issue to begin with. But oh no their sacred ignorant beliefs are the real victims here.

Will you ever cop on.

krudler wrote: »
    Cos of his actions or his gay sounding voice? In your case I'd imagine it's the second one that irks you more.

Because of his petulant child-at-the-sweet-counter style diction.

jank wrote: »
    How much has he made out of this so far?

More than he could ever dream of making by honest work.

You addressed the abuse issue by UNDERSTANDING why they assaulted their son?
    What the actual fcuk?

Export wrote: »
    Oh yes it does. You possibly never experienced familial abuse. Going public with it has to be the bravest thing I've ever heard of. No-one would believe some things, unless they see it. You can't even believe it when it's there in black and white!

I'm very well acquainted with familial abuse. It's the manner in which he went public with it I take issue with, when he could have reported it to the authorities. Would you recommend that every abuse victim publish their story on the Internet, or would you encourage them to report it to the authorities who can actually do something about it and hopefully prevent it from happening to someone else in the future.

I can tell you for a fact that throwing money at a problem doesn't solve it, publishing your story on the internet doesn't solve it, and if anything, it only makes some people's circumstances worse because it invites criticism as much as it invites support.

There you go again, off on one of your famous "holier than thou" spiels.

You said he never worked, kept pushing that he's a "self entitled, idiot, bigot twat", yet got caught out dead when this all happened after he got home from work.

He also didn't set this fundraiser thing up himself, so you can drop that, too.

Yet again, you've completely ignored the physical attacking -and had the audacity to say others were ignoring points. It's so hypocritical, it's ironic.

The fact that you're a father yourself and see the physical abuse of their own child completely justified because he disrespected them is really sad. Frighteningly sad to say the very least.

• Advertisement

Who was he going to report it to? Cops? Mammy attacked me 'cos I'm gay?
    He's 20, and his partner has probably enabled him to see that he has been abused all his life.

I'd do it myself if I was brave enough. Recording the abuse. Then the garda reaction. Makes like a very sad Garth Brooks song.

Advertisement