Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Account

Options
  • 28-08-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

Im going back to college, is it possible to change my current account to a student account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi amandaf675

Thank you for contacting Bank of Ireland.

To change to a Student Account, you will need to provide a letter from the college advising you are attending. This letter can be handed into any nearby branch or if you prefer, you can post this to your account holding branch with a cover letter. Once updated on your account, you can avail of the many benefits and concessions a Student Account has to offer.

Here is some more information here on Student Accounts you may find useful. It will give you a more detailed explanation of the account type, features and also terms and conditions that apply.

Locations and contact details for all of our branches can be found here

We hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

Thanks for the misinformation. Wasted an hour waiting only to be told Im not eligible for a student account as a plc isn't counted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi amandaf675,

Thanks for your reply. 

We're sorry you wasted this time in trying to open a student account. As you didn't mention in your initial post the type of course you were starting, we were giving the general information for opening a new Student Account. 

Please let us know if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

I would like to know why a plc isnt considered as an eligble course as i will still be in full time education?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi amandaf675,

We offer the Third Level Student Current Account to applicants who are aged 25 years of age or younger and are engaged in full-time third level education, or are full-time in a post-graduate course that lasts at least one academic year, in a college recognised by the Central Applications Office (CAO).

The above information is taken from our Third Level Student Current Account terms and conditions which you can view here.

I hope this helps but if you should have any further questions, please let us know.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

That doesnt answer my question, I asked why aren't PLC courses considered Third level o BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi amandaf675,

We're sorry you feel your question is not being answered. As mentioned, this account type is only available to applicants who meet our specific terms and conditions. We are unable to comment on why particular terms and conditions are put in place. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement