Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing in Glenteenassig Co.Kerry

Options
  • 28-08-2014 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I was wondering has anyone fished glenteenassig lake in the glenteenassig forest on the dingle peninsula co.Kerry?Did you catch anything and how?I have caught nothing with a float and a hook and worm.Spinners have proven useless as there is too much weeds.They have stopped selling permits so they may have stopped stocking the lake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

MadDog1999 wrote: »
    I was wondering has anyone fished glenteenassig lake in the glenteenassig forest on the dingle peninsula co.Kerry?Did you catch anything and how?I have caught nothing with a float and a hook and worm.Spinners have proven useless as there is too much weeds.They have stopped selling permits so they may have stopped stocking the lake.

I have heard it is no longer being stocked alright. Dan Brosnan on here might know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

Not being stocked which has baffled people because it was always very busy, I am not sure if you are allowed fish it as it is meant to be closed... I have tried to get info on the situation but nobody knows...

As for fish there has to be a few weary rainbows there, although there was anglers tenting up there all night so god knows what was going on...

I was fishing there four times last year with an uncle from London and we had some good rainbows and also some very good browns...

I was using a double handed fly rod getting the fly a way out and using a dropper which was nailing browns...

Worms are usually very good with a float but you need to change the depths of the worm all the time to find the fish..

Tight lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭MadDog1999

danbrosnan wrote: »
    Not being stocked which has baffled people because it was always very busy, I am not sure if you are allowed fish it as it is meant to be closed... I have tried to get info on the situation but nobody knows...

As for fish there has to be a few weary rainbows there, although there was anglers tenting up there all night so god knows what was going on...

I was fishing there four times last year with an uncle from London and we had some good rainbows and also some very good browns...

I was using a double handed fly rod getting the fly a way out and using a dropper which was nailing browns...

Worms are usually very good with a float but you need to change the depths of the worm all the time to find the fish..

Tight lines...

What about lough gill?Could I fish it with a worm and float and is it stocked?

What about lough gill?Could I fish it with a worm and float and is it stocked?

Pm sent

Pm sent

I didn't get any pm.Did you send it to the right person or wrong spelling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

I didn't get any pm.Did you send it to the right person or wrong spelling.

I was there yesterday and caught loads of brownies on mepps we didn't stay long as the weather was brutal but it's a lovely lake can't understand why they closed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

realrebel wrote: »
    I was there yesterday and caught loads of brownies on mepps we didn't stay long as the weather was brutal but it's a lovely lake can't understand why they closed it

How is it closed if you were there yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

How is it closed if you were there yesterday?

I didn't know it was closed first time I was ever there, we were supposed to fish Owenmore lakes but the wind was too strong so we went looking for other lakes
    We didn't see any signs anywhere that we couldn't fish

You wont get any sea trout or salmon in the top lake in the glenteenassig valley, the top lake is called loch caum...

It was stocked for years but even tho it was busy and attracted lots of anglers, I think it has been deemed uneconomical to stock it....

You can fish for browns in any lake in the country but make sure to have low breaking strain and small flies...

Loch caum is landlocked and salmon cant get up from the aughcasla river, loch slat below loch caum is actually a far better lake...

Salmon, sea trout and browns can be caught here...

Another great lake is loch an dun back the peninsula.

You wont get any sea trout or salmon in the top lake in the glenteenassig valley, the top lake is called loch caum...

It was stocked for years but even tho it was busy and attracted lots of anglers, I think it has been deemed uneconomical to stock it....

You can fish for browns in any lake in the country but make sure to have low breaking strain and small flies...

Loch caum is landlocked and salmon cant get up from the aughcasla river, loch slat below loch caum is actually a far better lake...

Salmon, sea trout and browns can be caught here...

Another great lake is loch an dun back the peninsula.
    What can I fish for in loch a dun?

• Advertisement

What can I fish for in loch a dun?

Salmon, sea trout and big browns...

I would always advise to get your district license as anglers that's our duty...

Check out my page...

Www.facebook.com/dinglepeninsulafishing

I would always advise to get your district license as anglers that's our duty...

Check out my page...

Do I have to pay to fish loch a dun

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Olwas2014

I fished lochadun on Saturday and caught nothing on a mepps or a worm whats wrong here

Olwas2014 wrote: »

I fished lochadun on Saturday and caught nothing on a mepps or a worm whats wrong here

Will I fished it last week with two lads and we had four sea trout and loads of browns...

Maybe it was just a bad day so your not making it up are you hahaha

Maybe it was just a bad day so.ðŸ˜႒

Maybe it was..

Maybe it was..

Your not making it up are you haha and can you reply to my most recen post about stradbally

Your not making it up are you haha and can you reply to my most recen post about stradbally

Check out my page dingle peninsula fishing on facebook to see pictures...

Check out my page dingle peninsula fishing on facebook to see pictures...

I saw your pics that's so bloody cool. Thanks for helping me:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement