Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Name-The-Kitten-Competition! NOW CLOSED!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Eugene

Benjamin

or Nimrod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

Damn. I rushed in with my 3 choices without putting enough thought into it:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

okay time for noms!

1) Tigger! - T. I. double g . RRRRRR

• Advertisement

2) Bud - because you'll probably call him that anyway!

3) Tarzan - because why not?!

Stinjy wrote: »
    3) Tarzan - because why not?!

Its a jungle out there:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

damagegt wrote: »
    hhhhmmmmm.Oh look, here comes Mark & Mork:o

You could always change your name? :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Here comes a damagegt naming competition...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Come on people,move along nothing to see here............

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

well,the kitten formally know as blank is now called...........Boardsie:)
    Well done XxMCRxBabyxX.

Yaaay! My persistence worked! ;-)

Nice to have a little part in the life of little Boardsie. I have one request with the name, please continue with pictures and videos of him!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

well,the kitten formally know as blank is now called...........Boardsie:)
    Well done XxMCRxBabyxX.

Is it not tomorrow night (sorry... Later tonight) at 9pm that the competition closes?
    You're not pulling that stunt damagegt, not when there's a facebook campaign launching tomorrow to get a last-minute rush on votes for Finbarr Cobblepott, you're not.
    Nice try though :p

DBB wrote: »
    Is it not tomorrow night (sorry... Later tonight) at 9pm that the competition closes?
    You're not pulling that stunt damagegt, not when there's a facebook campaign launching tomorrow to get a last-minute rush on votes for Finbarr Cobblepott, you're not.
    Nice try though :p
    WHoooooooops!I thought it was the 3rd
    And with that embarrassing mistake I shall make my exit.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Which number post was Finbar suggested in. I prefer it to Boardsie and feel the need to go vote again :)

EDIT: #27 :)

Yaaay! My persistence worked! ;-)

Nice to have a little part in the life of little Boardsie. I have one request with the name, please continue with pictures and videos of him!
    What are you on about you mad yoke,its not even over yet...........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

To me he'll always be a Finbar...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

:-(

:-(
    Finbar is his name, Boardsie is his spirit and his mission in life...

I foresee a bestseller/blockbuster...

"One man, one kitty... Destiny put them together... Get ready to get on Boards to take part in their adventures!"

Tune in next year for the launch of his themed park! :D

I liked the Furbie suggestion too. It had a bit of both. I feel sorry for the Boardsie creator now though, cos I thought they had won too. This whole adventure has left me quite purrturbed to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

He could be a superhero kitty. The reclining, cuddly Boardsie by day but at night he transforms into Finbar Cobblepot and deals with crimes of nature in the neighbourhood...wearing his hat of power that he cobbled from a flower pot.

'Is it a bird (no way)? Is it a plane? No it's Finbar Cobblepot!'

I need sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Whoopsie Doodle

New Home wrote: »
    Finbar is his name, Boardsie is his spirit and his mission in life...

I foresee a bestseller/blockbuster...

"One man, one kitty... Destiny put them together... Get ready to get on Boards to take part in their adventures!"

Tune in next year for the launch of his themed park! :D
    This whole adventure has left me quite purrturbed to say the least.
    Pretzill wrote: »
    He could be a superhero kitty. The reclining, cuddly Boardsie by day but at night he transforms into Finbar Cobblepot and deals with crimes of nature in the neighbourhood...wearing his hat of power that he cobbled from a flower pot.

I need sleep.

It seems that some of us are in dire need of professional help... at least I'm not alone in my madness...

What do you reckon, would we be entitled to get a group discount? :rolleyes:;)

Pretzill wrote: »

I need sleep.

What if a kitten could aspire to be something greater. *And the orchestral music comes in as the movie opens to thunderous applause*:D:D:D

I'm sorry. I need help:D

It seems that some of us are in dire need of professional help... at least I'm not alone in my madness...

I don't think we could afford the amount of help we need:D:D:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

What if a kitten could aspire to be something greater. *And the orchestral music comes in as the movie opens to thunderous applause*:D:D:D

You will give the kittens of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Finbarr Cobblepot. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

We'll just put it down to being misunderstood geniuses, then. ;) Much cheaper, and much better for our self-confidence. Mensa, here we come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Not at all. Pixar et al have sanctioned even zanier plots. We are merely brainstorming the next big thing.

You will give the kittens of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Finbarr Cobblepot. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders.

That's brilliant:D:D:D
    I would be worried about rogue kittens coming to search for him at some stage though. And them turning milk sour with the intensity of their conquest.
    I can hear them now.
    HE IS ONE OF US
    HAND HIM OVER............
    But he would triumph with a claw of steel whilst bringing joy to the kittens of the earth...................

• Advertisement

Advertisement