Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Name-The-Kitten-Competition! NOW CLOSED!

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

That's brilliant:D:D:D
    I would be worried about rogue kittens coming to search for him at some stage though. And them turning milk sour with the intensity of their conquest.
    I can hear them now.
    HE IS ONE OF US
    HAND HIM OVER............
    But he would triumph with a claw of steel whilst bringing joy to the kittens of the earth...................

They'd destroy a load of lego houses in the process though and people would get irrationally mad about all the lego deaths even though I just assumed the lego buildings had been evacuated....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...and then the baddies would be vanquished by getting them to walk barefoot on the small lego pieces... mmmwhahahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

They'd destroy a load of lego houses in the process though and people would get irrationally mad about all the lego deaths even though I just assumed the lego buildings had been evacuated....

Aye. And if that wasn't bad enough. Someone would find an injured bat and nurse it back to health. And at some point someone would start a thread about a kitten and a bat and a whole other can of worms would be opened:D:D:D

My mind is gone:D
    Goodnight:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Which number post was Finbar suggested in. I prefer it to Boardsie and feel the need to go vote again :)

EDIT: #27 :)

Arguments, every time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

damagegt wrote: »
    hhhhmmmmm.Oh look, here comes Mark & Mork:o

Could be worse, they might have started calling you Mindy! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Soooooo, this thread took quite the strange tangent overnight :confused::eek:

Regardless, we've an hour to go until the competition closes, and boy oh boy, don't we have a serious two horse race between Boardsie, and Finbar Cobblepott?

This is a final reminder folks, there's just an hour left to cast your thanks to decide the name of the lil kitty! :):cool:

Drumroll PLEASE!
    :pac::p:):D:cool:

The votes are in, the thanks have been counted, and it is with enormous hilarity, sniggering, and delight for OP's imaginative little boy coming up with such a fantastic name, that I announce the winning name for the kitty to be....

FINBARR COBBLEPOTT!!!

I think I'm going to vomit with the laughing :D

Finbarr Cobblepott ended up with 49 thanks at 9pm on Wednesday 3rd Sept 2014 (nominated by Mauzo!)
    Boardsie ended up with 46 thanks at the same moment (nominated by XxMCRxBabyxX).
    Honourable mention must go to
    janmaree's nomination of Mork (26 thanks, and my personal favourite:o)
    and
    angeldaisy's nomination of Schrodinger (20 thanks)

So, congratulations to Mauzo! for her suggestion of the winning name, shamelessly stolen from OP's son, but hey, it's all in a good cause :p
    So now, I will leave it to Mauzo! now to contact me with a cat TNR only charity of her choice, at which point I'll donate €15 to that charity.
    I will also donate €15 to the Santa Strike Force on her behalf :)

But there's more....
    I can't help but feel quite a lot sorry for poor XxMCRxBabyxX, who was told by the silly OP that she (I'm assuming you're a she?:o) had won the competition last night.
    So, as a sort of consolation prize, I will donate €10 to the Santa Strike Force on her (?) behalf :)

Thanks everyone!
    It was fun, and sometimes weird, and sometimes even a bit scary!
    :cool::P:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I cant thank everyone enough for this,with a special thanks going to Dbb,Mauzo and XxMCRxBabyxX (I'm so sorry).It has been a great laugh with so very imaginative names and some..................Anyway,I wish a long and happy life to all your own Mr F. Cobblepots. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

This is so unfair :-(

And yes, I am indeed a she

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I'm just delighted for the OPs son!! The OP or MCR baby can have the prize! :D I just love the name so much

• Advertisement

mauzo! wrote: »
    I'm just delighted for the OPs son!! The OP or MCR baby can have the prize! :D I just love the name so much

That's a kind gesture :)
    How's about you, XxMCRxBabyxX and damagegt come up with a suitable TNR charity? The rest is all going to SSF anyway.
    On that note, I've had a really quick pm exchange with DeVore who is currently organising this year's SSF... When he gets it rolling in After Hours in the lead-up to Christmas, I'll throw in the few quid for both Mauzo! and XxMCRxBabyxX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Finbaaaaaaar Cobblepot come in for your dinner?!!!! :D Ah ye couldn't make it up. It sounds like a Harry Potter character :P

Hilarious. Great competition.

Is this kitty definitely 100% a "he" btw?? I remember seeing a blurry video awhile back where I wasn't too sure :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Ah MCR I was really hoping for "boardsie" but glad all the same that OPs sons suggestion won :P good job everyone with the names! (And keeping me entertained for a few days :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Aww I was hoping boardsie would win but Finbar is a great name too, plus he now has a name which is alot shorter then "the kitten a guy rescued and whos progress I'm following" when I tell people about the thread

Advertisement