Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old 6/10 refit

Options
  • 28-08-2014 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Well folks this Will be fairly long winded post my aunt asked me to fit a system she got from her daughters house she is selling up it's a 2004 6/10 I have worked on 8/12 panels before everything was grand defaulted no problem have four sensors shock and Reed on one zone unsure how to wire them in most I have ever come up against was two so wired them in as follows
    Sensor one has staple in term one to term two term 3 is red in term 4 is red out term 5 is common black and term 6 is common blue same wiring for sensor 2 and 3 and sensor 4 is dual eol with staple in term 1 and 2 term 3 is red in term 4 is single leg of resistor term 5 is double leg of resistor and term 6 is blue in leaving single leg of resistor to black sensor one to three aren't working but sensor 4 is
    There also problem with bell box the strobe is constantly flashing the panel is marked up for external b ell + and -.bell hold off and tamper return nothing for strobe so I wired in with the int bell + and - . Anybody any ideas the system was unused for a while the battery was flat in the panel and bell got her a fresh one for panel but not for bell Will the bell battery recharge from the panel power supply or Will she need a new one too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

milmann wrote: »
    Well folks this Will be fairly long winded post my aunt asked me to fit a system she got from her daughters house she is selling up it's a 2004 6/10 I have worked on 8/12 panels before everything was grand defaulted no problem have four sensors shock and Reed on one zone unsure how to wire them in most I have ever come up against was two so wired them in as follows
    Sensor one has staple in term one to term two term 3 is red in term 4 is red out term 5 is common black and term 6 is common blue same wiring for sensor 2 and 3 and sensor 4 is dual eol with staple in term 1 and 2 term 3 is red in term 4 is single leg of resistor term 5 is double leg of resistor and term 6 is blue in leaving single leg of resistor to black sensor one to three aren't working but sensor 4 is
    There also problem with bell box the strobe is constantly flashing the panel is marked up for external b ell + and -.bell hold off and tamper return nothing for strobe so I wired in with the int bell + and - . Anybody any ideas the system was unused for a while the battery was flat in the panel and bell got her a fresh one for panel but not for bell Will the bell battery recharge from the panel power supply or Will she need a new one too

Please find attachment re wiring below.

The strobe will flash if the system is in alarm. Have you it in engineering?
    I would check all connections if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 milmann

The strobe will flash if the system is in alarm. Have you it in engineering?
    I would check all connections if you do.[/quote]

The strobe flashing while in engineering or while system unset I even checked to see if I had left the jumper on the strobe test pins but didn't

The strobe flashing while in engineering or while system unset I even checked to see if I had left the jumper on the strobe test pins but didn't

I would check the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 milmann

altor wrote: »
    I would check the connections.

Will do and I'll get back to you thanks for the diagram for the shocks

Will do and I'll get back to you thanks for the diagram for the shocks

No probs :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement