Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous Internet Speeds/ Pricing

Options
  • 28-08-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I don't know what is going on in our area but the internet speeds are decreasing all the time.
    We are on the 3MB plan and on a good day the speed would be 1.20 MBS but over the last week or 2 it's dropping. I checked the speed today and I got 0.37Mbps.

I'm using only a wired connection so I don't know what is going on? I've rang Tech support 3 or 4 times about our router being on the blink and all I got was a grunt down the phone, so this is the last resort as I'm not contacting by phone again.

Finally, about 5 months ago I rang up about our bills as they were getting ridiculous and it was agreed that the bills were going to be 40 Euro per month incl. tax and that lasted for about 4/5months and now they are going back up to 49.99?

I would appreciate some help as soon as possible as I will not put up with paying for speeds I am not getting.

Regards,
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I don't know what is going on in our area but the internet speeds are decreasing all the time.
    We are on the 3MB plan and on a good day the speed would be 1.20 MBS but over the last week or 2 it's dropping. I checked the speed today and I got 0.37Mbps.

I'm using only a wired connection so I don't know what is going on? I've rang Tech support 3 or 4 times about our router being on the blink and all I got was a grunt down the phone, so this is the last resort as I'm not contacting by phone again.

Finally, about 5 months ago I rang up about our bills as they were getting ridiculous and it was agreed that the bills were going to be 40 Euro per month incl. tax and that lasted for about 4/5months and now they are going back up to 49.99?

I would appreciate some help as soon as possible as I will not put up with paying for speeds I am not getting.

Regards,
    Shane
    Hi ParaDiddle44

Feel free to PM me your account details/landline number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement