Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 alarm being triggered by switching lights

Options
  • 28-08-2014 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have an Aritech CS350 alarm and even when it is disarmed it may be triggered by switching on/off a light or plugging into a socket. Does anyone have a solution for this. I have changed the battery in the alarm box but the problem is still there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

custy wrote: »
    I have an Aritech CS350 alarm and even when it is disarmed it may be triggered by switching on/off a light or plugging into a socket. Does anyone have a solution for this. I have changed the battery in the alarm box but the problem is still there.

More than likely a faulty device or devices on your system.
    Is it always the same zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 custy

No. The system sets ok when everything is switched off. Message says system is OK. Apartment is unoccupied at present but when I am there and switch the system off the alarm will trigger again when I switch on a light - not always the same light. The fault message always says P.A. - Panic Alarm. I have tested that separately and it functions OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

You either have a faulty reed switch within the panic button or the cable to it has a bad connection.

OK. Thanks for that. I will fit a new panic button and see if that cures the problem. I'll report later.

Hi Kub,
    You're dead right. I got a new panic button and fitted it and everything seems to be functioning correctly. Hopefully that's the end of the problem. Thanks again and also to altor who responded earlier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement