Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan without guarntor

Options
  • 29-08-2014 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hello, I am looking into opening an account with Bank of Ireland for both the purposes of saving, and to have the option of taking out a loan in future. I am wondering if anybody with Bank of Ireland could assist me with the following questions,

(a) What documentation do I need to set up an account, e.g. bills, passport etc.

(b) Does it matter if I also have an AIB account?

(c) How long do I have to be a member before applying for a loan?

(d) What is the maximum amount I could take out for a loan as a student and without a guarantor?

(e) In order to be accepted for that maximum amount, what would be the minimum I would be expected to save on a weekly basis, and for how long?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi DS86

Thanks for contacting us here and your interest in banking with us.

To open an account with us, you will need photo identification, either passport or driving licence and a recent utility bill within the last 3 months as proof of address. If you have accounts with other banks, you can still open an account with us.

To open a personal current account, this link here can help. Our Account Opening Team will be happy to discuss this further and assist with arranging an appointment with the branch of your choice. 

To help with opening a Savings Account, we also have a Deposit Team happy to discuss the accounts available and help you choose the right type of account for you. More information here on this and we also have a call back offer from a Deposit Advisor within the link.

As mentioned above, the account opening documentation required is similar for a Student Account, however you will also need a letter from the college advising you are attending full time. To open a Student Account with us, we'd recommend contacting the branch of your choice, a Student Advisor will be happy to discuss and help with the new account. You may find this information here useful, it will show you the features, terms and conditions and benefits of a Student Account. 

In relation to your student lending queries, as certain terms and conditions apply to lending applications, we'd recommend also discussing this with a Student Advisor within your chosen branch. They can offer their expert advice and assist with applications also.

Contact details for all of our branches can be found here 

We hope you find the information helpful, if we can assist again, please do feel free to ask us here.

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement