Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Airlines Carrier Imposed fees

Options
  • 29-08-2014 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I booked flights from Dublin to San Francisco through British Airways, but the flights are operated by AA. But when I went to reserve my seats on the AA website, they had a sub total of $400 of carrier imposed fees?? But I already paid taxes when I purchased the flights. Can someone please enlighten me what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

bambgirl92 wrote: »
    I booked flights from Dublin to San Francisco through British Airways, but the flights are operated by AA. But when I went to reserve my seats on the AA website, they had a sub total of $400 of carrier imposed fees?? But I already paid taxes when I purchased the flights. Can someone please enlighten me what is going on?

AA Charge you for advanced seat selection.
    Just check in at the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

If it's BA metal then I suspect it's the fuel surcharge they have had in place for 10 years or so. AA operated and AA ticketed flights don't carry the surcharge IIRC.

APOLS: Just noted that you said it arose when you sought to choose a seat in advance. Again it's a BA imposed charge which applies for non Silvers/Golds up to 3 days in advance (when it opens up to Bronzes) then available to all at online check in 24 hours prior to departure. AA doesn't generally charge for seat reservation unless it's what they regard as a "premium" seat (unless changed very recently).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Marcusm wrote: »
    If it's BA metal then I suspect it's the fuel surcharge they have had in place for 10 years or so. AA operated and AA ticketed flights don't carry the surcharge IIRC.

APOLS: Just noted that you said it arose when you sought to choose a seat in advance. Again it's a BA imposed charge which applies for non Silvers/Golds up to 3 days in advance (when it opens up to Bronzes) then available to all at online check in 24 hours prior to departure. AA doesn't generally charge for seat reservation unless it's what they regard as a "premium" seat (unless changed very recently).

I flew AA a few months back and only the randomly allocated seats were free, picking any seat incurred a charge.

Advertisement