Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA

Options
  • 29-08-2014 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

I am considering beginning ACCA, I will have exemptions in F1-F3, and possibly F4. Just wondering how technical these modules are as it's 9 years since I graduated so I'm a bit rusty. Will I be lost if I take the exemptions? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

promises wrote: »
    I am considering beginning ACCA, I will have exemptions in F1-F3, and possibly F4. Just wondering how technical these modules are as it's 9 years since I graduated so I'm a bit rusty. Will I be lost if I take the exemptions? Thanks for any help.
    I'd say you should be okay. I didn't do a degree and started form F1, but if you are only exempt as far as F4, you won't be lost. F2 is minor budgeting and discounting stuff, really just to get people going with the 'management accounting' stuff. And F3 is basic double entry, and ledger-work, hence the 'financial accounting'. If you remember the basics, you will be grand. F4 is just law, and you won't need that. It is interesting though, and gives a lot of insight into contract and employment law, etc.

I think people struggle when they skip all the F-level modules. Like if you don't do F7, and get to P2, people get a huge shock. Particularly because of the big gap between what you have to do to pass a degree (or even a masters), and what you have to do to pass professional exams.

In something like F5, there is a bit of assumed knowledge from F2, like how to use discount factors and basic NPV calculations. But even if you do find you are struggling, I'd say let the lecturer know, and they will defo give you a hand. I know in the college I am in they are always happy to help, because they are so used to mature people coming in who have been out of the 'loop' for a while.

I hope I was able to help in between the rambling there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Ah fantastic thank you so much for your help. My oh is starting f2 now so at least I can use his notes if I'm stuck. Thanks for your help.

Advertisement