Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for compact with high dynamic range sensor

• 29-08-2014 6:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all!

I'm looking for a com0act or bridge camera for a work project. It will be used in a complex lighting environment where flash is not an option dye to reflective surfaces, hence the need for a high dynamic range sensor. A tripod is also impractical as lay photographers will be using the device. Low ish noise in high iso would also be desirable. Resolution does not need to be huge. It must be possible to by a new units second hand is out. Price must be 600 or so max.

Anyone have any experience with a camera that would meet those specs?

Wanted to get a 5d3 or d800 but was greeted by open mouths when the price was mentioned :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Check out the current Fuji X-mount range?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

How about the sony a6000? Apparently clocking 13 stops of DR... And should be about the 600 mark I think. Has the added bonus of decent 1080 video too. Should be handy enough for the Lay photographer too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Check out the current Fuji X-mount range?
    11811 wrote: »
    How about the sony a6000? Apparently clocking 13 stops of DR... And should be about the 600 mark I think. Has the added bonus of decent 1080 video too. Should be handy enough for the Lay photographer too!

Thanks for the suggestions, the Fuji looks good, the sony is pushing the budget to the max but looks like a good option!

Advertisement