Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prowler Routine

Options
  • 29-08-2014 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been trying to incorporate using the prowler into my routine (which is mostly compound lifts - squats, deadlifts, bench press, assisted pull ups, leg curls, etc).

However, I'm not sure what the number of reps/sets I should be doing/how long my rest period should be.

Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

There's no set way of doing it. There are some limitations you just have to work with, aside from your own, such as the distance you have to do it on etc.

But, if memory serves me, the original DeFranco prowler challenge was something like sets of 6 sprints of 30-40m with a 60s rest between each sprint, alternating between the high grip on the vertical handles and a low handle grip. There was weight on there as well of the order of 50 or 60kg but you can work that one out with a test run with maybe 20kg on the prowler and see what you should bestarting off with.

There are plenty of prescribed routines. out there but you can just as easily modify them to work within your means and change it up by changing weight and rest periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,624 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You'll get a couple of ideas here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭binncheol

Those articles are really useful - thanks!

Advertisement