If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HiFi Speakers

Options
  • 29-08-2014 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for advice as to what speakers you'd match with a marantz pm4000 amp? I looking at putting together a budget setup and got the amp secondhand in great condition . I'll be be mainly using it for listening to CD's, MP3's and Spotify from iPad.

My budget would be in around the €200 to €300 mark for speakers so any recommendations would be welcome

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vigos wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for advice as to what speakers you'd match with a marantz pm4000 amp? I looking at putting together a budget setup and got the amp secondhand in great condition . I'll be be mainly using it for listening to CD's, MP3's and Spotify from iPad.

My budget would be in around the €200 to €300 mark for speakers so any recommendations would be welcome

Thanks!
    Hi Vigos,

many thanks for the post and that PM4000 is a really nice little amp and they tend to be bulletproof so hopefully it will serve you well for many years!

€200 to €300 will give you a decent budget for speakers - we may even be able to sneak in a Bluetooth streamer to free your iPad from being directly connected to the PM4000 if you were into this?

If you just want to get the max out of the system then I'd recommend the Monitor Audio BX2 - these work really well with Marantz amplification and we can do them at just €269.99 delivered and I'll include some decent speaker cable as well..

If you wanted to trim the budget a little and go for the BX1 speakers which are a little smaller then you could add in a Harman Kardon Aptx Bluetooth streamer to allow you to connect your 4000 to any device with Bluetooth (with decent quality!) and we could do those 2 at just €249.99

If you wanted a floorstander for better bass then the Cambridge Audio S70 sound great ( although they will slightly bust your budget at €304.99)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/floorstanders/cambridge-audio/s70/camb-s70-blk

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can help!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭vigos

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, I had been thinking about the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers alright. I'll have a think about it over the weekend and get back to you but will most likely go with one out of the two options

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Vigos.

No problem at all.

Drop us a post once you have had a think over it.
    Hi John,

Thanks for the reply, I had been thinking about the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers alright. I'll have a think about it over the weekend and get back to you but will most likely go with one out of the two options

Yeah will go with the Monitor Audio BX2 speakers, PM sent!

I was meant to reply last week but forgot,  but just to say thanks for the great service and very happy with the speakers!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I was meant to reply last week but forgot,  but just to say thanks for the great service and very happy with the speakers!
    Hi Vigos,

Glad we could assist :)

Hope you get many years of enjoyment from your speakers.

If there's anything else we can assist with just let us know.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.