Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband in Skerries

Options
  • 29-08-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone on the form lives in Skerries and uses Sky Broadband? I'm mostly wondering about what kind of speed you get? Also to a lesser extent what the customer service is like if you've had any problems? I've read horror stories of it being grand during the day then dropping hugely during the peak hours in the evening. I'm currently Vodafone but Sky are offering me a good package deal and it'd be handy to have them all together in one payment.

Thanks a mill,

Marcus Antonius

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone on the form lives in Skerries and uses Sky Broadband? I'm mostly wondering about what kind of speed you get? Also to a lesser extent what the customer service is like if you've had any problems? I've read horror stories of it being grand during the day then dropping hugely during the peak hours in the evening. I'm currently Vodafone but Sky are offering me a good package deal and it'd be handy to have them all together in one payment.

Thanks a mill,

Marcus Antonius

I had it in rush and it was terrible, got really congested and speeds was awful. Moved to eircom and its amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

If your on Vodafone now, it will more or less be the exact same. They both use BT lines.
    Hi all,

Thanks a mill,

Marcus Antonius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I am in Balrothery and its by far the best or at least on a par with the best we have had. No drops in speed at any time of the day. When the 4 of us in the family are online and possibly streaming (netflix,spotify etc) there is no issues with speed.
    Bills are within the deal that was agreed when bundled with a phone package.
    Customer service is fine but had a small issue when switching from eircom to sky. eircom cut us off before sky took over and the next door neighbour took delivery of our router and never told us. sky bent over backwards to get us a new one when I insisted we didnt recieve it. (We know have 2 sky routers)

VODAFONE on the other were the worst.By a light year.
    At one stage it was so poor I ended up going back to dial up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

ah sky don't offer Fiber yet, you should be able to get Fiber in nearly all areas of Skerries now

I went with Vodafone as soon as Fiber went live its been perfect coming up on one year and that's along with 6-7 people I know who signed up at the same time

do yourself a favour and check your line before you commit to a contract with sky

Advertisement