Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poo

• 29-08-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

i dont know if this is the right place to ask but anyway, some thing poos in our lawn up until sometime in may the stops during june july and august, iv just bn out to the clothes line and it seem as tho its starting again, any clue as to what it mite be? it sometimes black other times black purple and can b really sticky, i hav small kids so i am concerned about this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Black and sticky? - that'll be a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitb1

was just out there now and there a few different ones but not black, thin brown line, almost looks like a slug, is there anything i can put outside to stop this, there are 5 pieces out there including on my footpath, its not good for my stress levels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

caitb1 wrote: »
    was just out there now and there a few different ones but not black, thin brown line, almost looks like a slug, is there anything i can put outside to stop this, there are 5 pieces out there including on my footpath, its not good for my stress levels
    Never thought I'd type these words but....... Can you take a pic of the poo?

Careful now - Ratemypoo.com (NSFW or NSFL) :eek:

My husband has moved it all at the mo but in sure there will b more tomorrow,would a fox make a load of poos in the same nite r is it pos it is a few hedgehogs rabbits r minx r something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fox, badger or pine marten

is your lawn dug up in places?? if so its more than likely a badger as they go foraging for slugs and worms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

The black or purple suggests a fox eating fruit; they tend to mark the place which is their food source, the poo is a scent mark to warn other foxes.
    What are they eating in your garden? is there fruit lying under a tree/compost in a bucket/bird feeders?
    They will eat virtually anything, including worms, mice and dead birds etc.
    If whitish, it means a fox or dog that has been chewing up bones.

Hedgehog droppings do look quite like fox ones, but smaller, and often with a scaley look from the insects that they eat. You could have both...

Badgers much scarcer and they dig up lawns: you'd probably know if you had badgers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Could be catsh1t too,nothing smells as bad as catsh1t--if you break the crust to test..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

gman2k wrote: »
    Black and sticky? - that'll be a fox.

yup sounds like fox from my experiences.

Armelodie wrote: »
    yup sounds like fox from my experiences.

I'm having the same problem myself now! Went out to cut the garden yesterday and no exaggeration I lifted up to 20 poos off the garden!!! Just checked there again 5 minutes ago and there's about 10 fresh ones!! What the hell ****s that much in one night??? Same as the op I have a young child who loves running around in the garden but I can't have her running around in this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Take your fetish elsewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I'm having the same problem myself now! Went out to cut the garden yesterday and no exaggeration I lifted up to 20 poos off the garden!!! Just checked there again 5 minutes ago and there's about 10 fresh ones!! What the hell ****s that much in one night??? Same as the op I have a young child who loves running around in the garden but I can't have her running around in this!

A family of foxes!!! (maybe!!)

Anyhow ya the poo can be dangerous for children if they come into contact.. ignore any idiots who start saying... " ah shur the little cute foxes doing noone no harm".
    So... assuming it;s fox here's the suggestions from another thread..

Urine( male preferably as the testosterone is a deterrent)
    Bunches of hair in tights (from a barbers I presume!)

A family of foxes!!! (maybe!!)

Anyhow ya the poo can be dangerous for children if they come into contact.. ignore any idiots who start saying... " ah shur the little cute foxes doing noone no harm".
    So... assuming it;s fox here's the suggestions from another thread..

I'm beginning to think foxes myself. There Is a little dog down the road but there's no way he could be responsible for such a large amount. Thinking either cats or foxes. I've googled fox poo (I know I know) and it does look the same. If it wasn't for the child it wouldn't irk me as much.
    May try set up a camera or something to capture what exactly it is

on the camera front, can anyone reccommend a cheap night vision camera i could set up? nothing too fancy as i only want it for this purpose

Does nothing to keep foxes away!

gman2k wrote: »
    Does nothing to keep foxes away!

9 fresh ones this morning :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Had the same problem......turned out to be hedgehog ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Had the same problem......turned out to be hedgehog ****e!

Me too...spotted him/her late one night when had to go out:)

Well I guess on the upside they will be hybernating soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

I'd the same query about a year ago.
    I took a picture, you can see it here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85644825

it was definitely fox poo because i saw it one night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Foxes mark their food sources...is there anything in your garden to attract them? Bird feeder, compost bin, fish pond, log pile?

Over the winter fox family groups are likely to scatter to claim territories of their own for the next season, so it is most likely to be only one animal for the next while.
    It's almost impossible to exclude them completely, but check those food sources. Be inhospitable!

• Advertisement
Advertisement