Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Howard Olympia

Options
  • 29-08-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Don't suppose anyone got sunday tickets and wish to swap for monday tickets ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Try Toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

spongebob, i might do, ill let know. do you have standing??

LUZ wrote: »
    spongebob, i might do, ill let know. do you have standing??

Yes standing best tickets in the house :) to swap for sunday would mean alot to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ian92

dont suppose any1 has two tickets they would sell?

• Advertisement

really sorry ive just seen theres no swapping etc ticket talk allowed on the forum , ill put mine up on adverts.ie instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

Really looking forward to this gig! I was raging I missed him at the Phoenix Park..

DC10555 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this gig! I was raging I missed him at the Phoenix Park..

Same.. And a great small venue too for a better atmosphere :) is their anyone on before him ?

Same.. And a great small venue too for a better atmosphere :) is their anyone on before him ?

There doesn't seem to be anything listed as of yet, I guess it will be announced closed to the gig, I see he has a new album on the way too it's gonna be interesting to see how it turns out..

did he have a support last time he played there?? I cant wait, not sure which night will be the best!

• Advertisement

LUZ wrote: »
    did he have a support last time he played there?? I cant wait, not sure which night will be the best!

Surely sunday his first night will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Surely sunday his first night will be better

I imagine both nights will be the exact,same.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Seen him back in 2012 in the Ambassador, was an amazing gig and I think tickets were only about €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭noserider

Where to for be some pre and post gig drinks near Olympia?

After having a look today on Setlist.fm I have to say his new set list is kinda disappointing, he seems to have gone for a lot of the new album with only 2 songs from previous albums, No sign of "Black Flies", "Gracious" and even "Keep your head up" has been removed which seems a little strange since I thought that was a pretty big song for him.. :( I'm hoping these are not complete lists..

Disappointing? He's touring a new album, which is different but still great. He's not going to play many from EK and I think from listening to the new album he is glad to move on from his repeating of wolves and keep your head up at every gig.

noserider wrote: »
    Disappointing? He's touring a new album, which is different but still great. He's not going to play many from EK and I think from listening to the new album he is glad to move on from his repeating of wolves and keep your head up at every gig.

I'm not hating on his new album I just started getting into it this week, there's a few catchy tunes on there but even with that I still believe it would have been nice to have more than 2 track from his previous albums..

I presume his gig at the O2 will have more of his back catalog since it's an arena tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Anyone else go last night?

Have to say I was really disappointed with the setlist, I know he is touring smaller venues testing out the new album but to charge €35+ and only play 3 songs of Every Kingdom is a pile of sh#t.

WHat was the set list like? Mostly his new album?

the fear, black flies and gracious ....the rest were new album last night. i enjoyed the atmosphere, not so much the drunk people chattering away, i dont see the point in going to a gig if youre going to have a big chat, stay in the bar at least.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Anyone else go last night?

Have to say I was really disappointed with the setlist, I know he is touring smaller venues testing out the new album but to charge €35+ and only play 3 songs of Every Kingdom is a pile of sh#t.

Hence my post earlier in this thread, you could see the place really take off when he played "The Fear", the majority of the crowd seem to be lacking any interest in the new album (Presumably because it's not had much commercial radio play as of yet) I reckon 2 more tracks from Every Kingdom would have been the icing on the cake, you could tell people were craving for him to play "The Wolves" and personally I'd love to have heard "Keep Your Head up" even though it's been played to death.

Regardless of, I really enjoyed the gig love when he did "Oats in the Water".. I'd be tempted to go see him again if the 3 Arena gig has a longer set list.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Bladeserver

Brilliant gig. One of the best this year in my opinion. I was a bit apprehensive after seeing the set-list online but I genuinely thought the new tracks came across really well.

Two lad's standing behind us saying his covers were better than the originals and a group of 5-6 in front of us having full blown conversations about the weekend they had!! It gave me the impression they had no interest being there and just went for the sake of it. Seems like a lot of the crowd forgot he was touring a new album.

Considering the o2 for the arena tour as I'd assume he will play both albums!!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

He's been touring for at least three years with Every Kingdom, even longer if you take into account the small gigs he performed when his first EPs were released. What did people actually expect? He's probably sick to death of playing some of those songs.

I didn't go, was there a support act?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

support was hiss golden messenger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI1BE48lYBo#t=14

tbh they were main reason, i went

i enjoyed ben too, but most people around me seemed to be chatting, and unaware of his new material

Hold on, he didn't play his 4/5 of his best tracks from every Kingdom? How long did he play for?

Advertisement