Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to distribution of hours

Options
  • 29-08-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

I work a 3 day week of 18.75 hours and get paid monthly. In the past the arrangement we had with our manager was that if we were busy on a normal working day we would stay on and not claim overtime. Similarly if we were not busy we would go home early to compensate. Any additional day we were required to come in during the week for cover of annual leave/sick leave we would get paid overtime.

Now we are expected to go home early when we aren't busy, and are being put under pressure to get finished as early as possible, and use those hours to come in extra days for cover without any overtime being paid. Can they do this? Strictly speaking they are keeping our hours the same, but distributing them over more days when they need to, which means my travel costs are increasing and I'm getting no extra money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Have you a contract stating you do a 3 day week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Have you a contract stating you do a 3 day week?

Contract states 3 day week but also says we must be flexible in relation to cover for annual leave and sick leave

Advertisement