Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New tablet recomendations

• 29-08-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭

My Wacom Bamboo (Fun) finally gave up the ghost. I plan to just buy whatever the current Wacom replacement model is (Intuos Small circa $300) but thought I'd ask if there is any real alternative out there.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Out of interest how did you find the Bamboo while it was working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

OldGoat - can't speak to alternatives - but i have the intros pro medium for my iMac 27" and it's great - does exactly what it says on the tin. That said - if purchasing again i would get the small size - even for the mac 27 inch - don't need the tablet size for photography purposes - have had to map the tablet to a smaller space...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

flyingsnail, I have to say that the tablet is unbelievably useful in terms of workflow even for hobbyists like myself. In terms of speed, efficiency and accuracy they completely outclass mice or touchpads. It might take a few days of farting around to get to grips with the interface but once learned it's difficult to revert to the limitations of a mouse.

D.S. I tried using the larger tablets too and found then cumbersome. My workspace is limited and I usually end up with the tablet balanced on the arm of my chair as I work so the smaller size is a requirement rather than a want.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I got the Intuos Pen and Touch with the wireless accessory kit. It's my first tablet so I've nothing to compare it to, other than a mouse. I find it fantastic. And if you have a limited space to work in, the wireless option keeps things tidy.

Advertisement