Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAAD style shooting in Bray

• 29-08-2014 2:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/man-found-shot-in-both-legs-in-a-bray-park-1.1911311
    Gardaí are appealing for information after a man was shot in both legs in a park in Bray, Co Wicklow.
    The incident occurred at approximately 5.30pm in the People’s Park yesterday.
    The alarm was raised by a member of the public who came across the injured man and phoned for an ambulance.
    It then transpired the injuries suffered by the man were gunshot wounds, and gardaí were called to the scene.
    The man was taken to Saint Vincent’s Hospital in Dublin for surgery with what were described as non life threatening injuries.
    A senior garda source said the man was not immediately known to investigating officers.
    He said it was too early to say whether the incident was related to a gangland dispute or dissident republicans.
    “It’s hard to say,” he said. “Obviously, it was fairly calculated if he was shot in both legs.”
    The man has not been interviewed by gardaí but detectives hope to speak to him tomorrow.
    The scene was preserved for a technical examination with gardaí carrying out a search for shell casings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

What's RAAD ?

Should it be "rad" .... "Rad shooting in Bray dudes".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

For anyone who doesn't know what RAAD is it's a Republican vigilante group who target drug dealers usually by shooting them in both legs like the IRA used to do in the 90's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

He was shot by the Bray Surf Posse?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

op is it at all possible you have the identity wrong, and not the guards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Poor Aido :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

Maybe it took the guards a while to figure out who the man was. The word 'immediately' is relevant in the article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

For anyone who doesn't know what RAAD is it's a Republican vigilante group who target drug dealers usually by shooting them in both legs like the IRA used to do in the 90's.

Those that don't give up a percentage, you mean.

Export wrote: »
    Maybe it took the guards a while to figure out who the man was. The word 'immediately' is relevant in the article.

That's a good point I suppose.

I really don't know much about the inner workings of the group (you could be getting confused with the IPLO) to comment on that but their favorite method of "punishment" seems to be a bullet in each leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you surely are The Backwards Man.

• Advertisement

Sure isn't it a good cause lol

maccored wrote: »

And YOU haven't a clue. (I'm using my 'Aldi posh mother' accent there).

maccored wrote: »
    Is that right?

Is that right?

That's roight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Is that right?

Or left? Who knows...

The Irish Times reporters are masters at saying stuff in coded English lol. If you can't interpret the reporting, stick with tabloids. They spell things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I'd shoot more than one in Bray given half the chance

21/25

Just to be clear I never said it was RAAD,DAAD or any Republicans. Just the same style that they usually go for.

And no Republican group has ever profited of drug money unless you count the IPLO as Republicans, the IRA handed over £20,000 worth of cannabis to a priest during the 90's. There is no proof what so ever that Republicans have ever profited of drugs (again unless you count the IPLO as Republicans which most Republicans don't).

There only doing this type of stuff to rid their communities of drugs & by the comments sometimes on here by anti-Republicans I'd taught they'd be happy a dealer shot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

RAAD stands for Republican Anti Austerity Dawgs.

They are trying to keep kids off drugs and fight public service cuts by shooting people in the legs in "tubular" and "awesome" manners.

Just to be clear I never said it was RAAD,DAAD or any Republicans. Just the same style that they usually go for.

And no Republican group has ever profited of drug money unless you count the IPLO as Republicans, the IRA handed over £20,000 worth of cannabis to a priest during the 90's. There is no proof what so ever that Republicans have ever profited of drugs (again unless you count the IPLO as Republicans which most Republicans don't).
    Well, that's me convinced.

• Advertisement

Put it this way:

IT reports: Man was not immediately known to guards
    Tabloid reports: The guards hadn't a clue what was going on, but ON CLOSER INSPECTION OF THE PULSE SYSTEM, discovered that the man was in fact a convicted drug dealer.

Two different headlines too:
    IT: Man shot in knees
    Tabloid: Convicted drug dealer shot in broad daylight in public park

Well, that's me convinced.

Oh, well that's good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

the IRA handed over £20,000 worth of cannabis to a priest during the 90's.

In a hilarious turn of events a bit of an identity mix up happened at the time and the cannabis was actually handed over to a young African American man who was just passing through West Belfast at the time.

One year later that young man released his first album under the name "Snoop Dogg" and the rest is history.

I'm not going to say how but I knew something like this was going to happen in Bray but not to this particular individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Feckin' little Bray bringing down the tone :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I'm not going to say how but I knew something like this was going to happen in Bray but not to this particular individual.

Why are you not going to say? You can tell us in complete confidence, as nobody really reads these threads anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

There only doing this type of stuff to rid their communities of drugs

no, vidulanti vermin don't do anything for reasons of good, its either to cause trouble or proffit from something, but use things like drug dealers and paedeophiles for example to get support from the dim

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

I can tell you now, with a wee bit of confidence in my 'sources', that any current 'republicanist' groups have absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH REPUBLICANISM. I doubt they could spell the word, let alone define it.
    It's criminal extortion, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There only doing this type of stuff to rid their communities of drugs & by the comments sometimes on here by anti-Republicans I'd taught they'd be happy a dealer shot

Are you saying the INLA never profited from drugs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

It did and that's why its Dublin branch were stood down.

no, vidulanti vermin don't do anything for reasons of good, its either to cause trouble or proffit from something, but use things like drug dealers and paedeophiles for example to get support from the dim

Who is he? Some italian dude?

A faction of them did & were expelled & then went on to form the IPLO. The IPLO were later wiped out by the IRA in 1992 for their drug dealing in what's dubbed as the "Belfast night of long knifes"

Can I put my cards on the table and say the following:

1. I'm a wee bit of a Republican
    2. I support Sinn Féin
    3. Never ever ever ever ever, would I support an extortionist group.
    4. Please disassociate SF from extortionists
    5. Never would SF ever have in the past, extolled extortion.
    6. Whatever the IRA DID actually stand for, it had nothing to do with drugs.
    7. I still support the old virtues, tactics and beliefs of the IRA. What these scumbags are doing? Don't please ever associate them with people who fought for the freedom of our country.

In a hilarious turn of events a bit of an identity mix up happened at the time and the cannabis was actually handed over to a young African American man who was just passing through West Belfast at the time.

One year later that young man released his first album under the name "Snoop Dogg" and the rest is history.

It was in 1996. Snoop Dogg was going since 92.

2. I support Sinn Féin
    7. I still support the old virtues, tactics and beliefs of the IRA. What these scumbags are doing? Don't please ever associate them with people who fought for the freedom of our country.
    Can you throw up your evidence of this drud dealing?

Once I see it I'll believe you're not trolling.

• Advertisement

Can I just add also, that I've read case files of convicted members of break-away groups of the IRA. What they did? Nothing to do with Republicanism or Irish Freedom. Not a jot. Yobs, being paid to extort money.
    That they use a 'Republican' ruse? Don't be fooled.

Can you throw up your evidence of this drud dealing?

Once I see it I'll believe you're not trolling.

Perhaps you could ask a question which made sense?

2. I support Sinn Féin

I'm not defending RAAD but their not an extortionist group. their Oglachs live in crap council estates & don't live any flashy lifestyles. Their belief is their doing it for the good of their communities.

And the Provo IRA fought a just war.

Perhaps you could ask a question which made sense?

You know what the question meant.

Just a bit of history on RAAD for people who don't know much about them.

They were formed around mid 1995 by dissatisfied Provos who were bored with the lack of the progress the peace process was making so they formed a small group called DAAD (Direct Action Against Drugs) who operated until 1996 when the IRA ceasefire broke down. In 2005 a year or so after the IRA announced an end to the armed struggle the group reemerged as RAAD (Republican Action Against Drugs) & started operations around 2007. Recently it's been claimed they've merged with ONH & the Real IRA but have still claimed responsibility for some attacks.

• Advertisement

They were formed around mid 1995 by dissatisfied Provos who were bored with the lack of the progress the peace process was making so they formed a small group called DAAD (Direct Action Against Drugs) who operated until 1996 when the IRA ceasefire broke down. In 2005 a year or so after the IRA announced an end to the armed struggle the group reemerged as RAAD (Republican Action Against Drugs) & started operations around 2007. Recently it's been claimed they've merged with ONH & the Real IRA but have still claimed responsibility for some attacks.

Their deluded if they reckon their actions will achieve a united Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

"Guns are bad, except when used in this manner" is the theme I'm getting from AH. Am I wrong?

You misspelled propaganda.

It was the drugs that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe not dealing directly but I thought it was common knowledge that they were extorting dealers in Dublin up until fairly recently. This is where United Criminal Alliance (UCA) sprang from. Different drug gangs came together to protect themselves, which led to them eventually murdering RIRA members.

Maybe not dealing directly but I thought it was common knowledge that they were extorting dealers in Dublin up until fairly recently. This is where United Criminal Alliance (UCA) sprang from. Different drug gangs came together to protect themselves, which led to them eventually murdering RIRA members.

While the auld guards were fast asleep, investigating speeding and such.

All these acronyms make me SAAD.

You should stop (honest advice) letting people know what is known. ;)

Common knowledge, a "source" in the herald and Sunday world:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

While the auld guards were fast asleep, investigating speeding and such.

when scum kills scum who is at loss ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement