Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hugh J Ward and Fees

Options
  • 29-08-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

2 years ago I attended UCD for a few months but had to drop out due to a multitude of issues, mental health and otherwise. I never paid my fees. Last week I received a very threatening letter out of the blue from a debt collecting agency called Hugh J Ward saying if I didn't pay the fees, amounting to 6000e, they would issue court summons. What would be the best way to go about this? I absolutely do not want to deal with some dodgy sounding debt collectors. The letter said that I would have to deal with them directly, but would much prefer to deal with UCD. Anyone have any advice?

Also, as I didn't finish the year, do I still have to pay the full fees? I have no problem paying part of it, but 6000 for 2 months is too much and an amount I really can't handle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Was this an undergrad? Did you officially remove yourself from the college register when you dropped out?
    You should only be liable for half the Student Contribution charge of that year, as you were only there for semester 1.

Contact UCD directly anyway, and ask them about it.

Here's an FAQ on Fees and such.
    http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/faq.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Also, get a letter from your consultant saying you were sick and that's why you left.

I think that should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

"Hugh J. Ward"?? Sounds like a joke: "Huge Award." Are you sure it's for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

"Hugh J. Ward"?? Sounds like a joke: "Huge Award." Are you sure it's for real?

http://hughjwardsolicitors.ie/

Advertisement