Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application for Extension of Bookies in Clonsilla

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not sure I see the point of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Zaph wrote: »

What I take from it is the growing greed of bookmakers who suck money from local communities. There must be more bookies in Dublin then pubs at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It doesn't hurt to make sure as many people as possible are aware of planning applications, though admittedly anyone likely to be affected would probably already know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

not yet wrote: »
    What I take from it is the growing greed of bookmakers who suck money from local communities. There must be more bookies in Dublin then pubs at this rate.

'Suck money from local communties' nobody is forcing people in the doors of bookies.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    'Suck money from local communties' nobody is forcing people in the doors of bookies.

Did I say that, no, No I didn't. 1000s of these people have an addiction and these corporate greedy bookies play on that.

January wrote: »

By the way, I've seen first hand the damage these ''Business's'' do. I have seen families torn apart, men commit suicide, Children left hungry.

As you said nobody drags them into the bookie, but that does not negate the damage done by these bookies. And yeah, I do believe they suck the life force out of some homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Did I say that, no, No I didn't. 1000s of these people have an addiction and these corporate greedy bookies play on that.

Because if there were no bookies they would miraculously stop gambling? Why didn't you mention the pub that the bookie is next door to surely drinking causes as much pain and destruction?

Because if there were no bookies they would miraculously stop gambling? Why didn't you mention the pub that the bookie is next door to surely drinking causes as much pain and destruction?

The reason I didn't mention the Pub ''next door'' Is because the thread is about the bookies, hope that clears that up for ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,555 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The reason I didn't mention the Pub ''next door'' Is because the thread is about the bookies, hope that clears that up for ya...

So what's the problem with the bookie extending the premises? Do you think people will see a bigger shop and suddenly take up gambling? Personally I prefer a large comfortable premises with comfy chairs, air conditioning and refreshments to the old dingy dark smokey back alley places of years ago.

• Advertisement

So what's the problem with the bookie extending the premises? Do you think people will see a bigger shop and suddenly take up gambling? Personally I prefer a large comfortable premises with comfy chairs, air conditioning and refreshments to the old dingy dark smokey back alley places of years ago.

Fair enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

My point is it that I felt it might be informative for users of the Dublin15 forum!

What is the point of your comment?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    My point is it that I felt it might be informative for users of the Dublin15 forum!

What is the point of your comment?

My point is that lots of planning applications are made in D15, so why does this one merit a thread of its own? And all that was posted was the planning application itself, there was absolutely no comment from you about it. If you had given an opinion the thread may have made some sort of sense.

If you had given an opinion the thread may have made some sort of sense.
    Zaph, with all due respect, since when is it a necessary to have an opinion, when posting information?

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Zaph, with all due respect, since when is it a necessary to have an opinion, when posting information?

As I previously mentioned, there are lots of planning applications in D15 and we don't have threads for them, so it's not unreasonable to assume that this was in some way different. As it stands the OP is simply information without any context.

As I previously mentioned, there are lots of planning applications in D15 and we don't have threads for them, so it's not unreasonable to assume that this was in some way different. As it stands the OP is simply information without any context.
    Just for the record, Fingal Co Co Planning Dept took 21 planning applications for the Dublin 15 area during the month of August.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So?

How many of those applications will have a significant impact on the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Its a very small shop. Hope to see it extended. Good news IMO. I love a bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

aye, hopefully it;; be less pokey and a bit more pleasant to go into. though still not my least favorite bookies around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Thanks for the info OP

• Advertisement
Advertisement