Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My eircom experience so far

Options
  • 29-08-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I ordered Eircom broadband two weeks ago. I was advised that they would have to send out a technician to activate the line. I received two texts from Eircom advising me that a technician would be out to my house between 9:30 and 12:30 this morning. As the house is usually empty during the day I had to get my elderly father over this morning to sit in my house and wait to let the technician in.

So the technician never arrived. I rang Eircom customer care at 1pm and was advised that they would contact the technician and be back to me within the hour. Guess what? NO call.

Rang eircom again and was apologised to and told again they would get back to me within the hour - and of course I have heard nothing.

This is how a new customer is treated??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

randel wrote: »
    I ordered Eircom broadband two weeks ago. I was advised that they would have to send out a technician to activate the line. I received two texts from Eircom advising me that a technician would be out to my house between 9:30 and 12:30 this morning. As the house is usually empty during the day I had to get my elderly father over this morning to sit in my house and wait to let the technician in.

So the technician never arrived. I rang Eircom customer care at 1pm and was advised that they would contact the technician and be back to me within the hour. Guess what? NO call.

Rang eircom again and was apologised to and told again they would get back to me within the hour - and of course I have heard nothing.

Hi randel

I'm very sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience. At present it may be best to contact the efibre team on free phone 1901 but if you prefer to PM me your order/account number I will be happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭randel

randel wrote: »

Hi randel

I'm very sorry to hear this and apologise for the inconvenience. At present it may be best to contact the efibre team on free phone 1901 but if you prefer to PM me your order/account number I will be happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

Yes,perfectly normal,I am now an ex Eircom customer and wouldnt avail of their "service" again if it was offered for free.
    i have been reduced to actual tears trying to deal with Eircom staff,I would advise you not to go with them,I find UPC very good,its not problem free but at least you get to talk to someone and your complaint will be dealt with.Ring Eircom in my experience anyway with a problem and you will be transferred from one staff member to another,if you are switching to fibre broadband everytime you ring up you will be told you are no longer an Eircom customer,you will be ringing many times as service was dire.Also everytime broadband goes down your phone will be gone too.No matter how many times i told Eircom i was still a customer but had switched to the "wonderful"world of fibre optics I would be told,no, I wasnt a customer,they couldnt even manage to link up the accounts.

This level of communication would be bad enough from any company but from a Cummunications company it is beyond belief,I eventually couldnt cope with any more contact with them and i handed over to dh,when he began with them he simply couldnt believe it either and eventually we told them we wanted the contract terminated because we were paying for a patchy internet service and no phone for weeks on end.
    We were eventually told by an Eircom technician that we werent on fibre optic cables at all,we were using copper wires on our property,talk about misleading us.

HI randel

I have escalated this to our operational divisions for an update and requested urgency on your case. As soon as I have any further information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭cagefactor

Sounds like my case, I was waiting 9 weeks for a technician to do a 3 minute job. I only got action after complaining to comreg.

• Advertisement

I eventually after weeks got to speak to a very senior manager,he was to take personal responsibility for the abysmal service,he agreed it was appalling,he was to ring me back within the day,I never heard from him again and nor did he do anything to restore phone line.

I contacted upc and luckily enough they were in a position to offer phone,broadband and TV package.The only reason I wasted even ten seconds of my time with Eircom was because UPC didnt have a phone line available.The day UPC could provide all three I contacted Eircom and told them as their contract to us wasnt fulfilled we were breaking our end,we requested they remove all their equipment from our property and release our phone number to UPC, Eircom agreed and that was that.The relief I felt was incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I got in contact over our faulty efibre service and in fairness Eircom arrived ahead of the time arranged. Only problem I have is, despite paying for super 70MB download speeds the best I have ever got is 2mb while downloading files. That's poor DSL in my book. There are a couple of laptops and xBox's using it, but nothing that should leave it this low.

Yes,get out while you can,it just is not worth the annoyance and hassle of being passed from one disinterested eircom employee to another,they will pass you anywhere to get rid of you and eventually you will be cut off.

After weeks of no phone I was eventually promised a new handset,instead of a phone a brand new modem arrived,unfortuneatly one of the children accepted it.Two days later I managed to get through to someone,the wrong code was submitted so instead of the phone the modem was delivered.You need to set aside at least an hour to make the simplest call,you simply could not believe how bad it is until you are the one calling Eircom.
    I was told the modem would be collected but of course it wasnt,when I rang to complain about it still sitting in my hall I was told to throw in in the bin, a brand new boxed modem.I marked it return to sender and left it on the parcel counter of our local post office.I think I would have exploded with rage if I was charged for it.

You will only get the speeds promised when you are right beside the modem,its the same with UPC,at least UPC though will take your call and deal with you,every other utility is the same,as I said Eircom is the disastrous exception.You can buy a wifi booster in PC world,I think its Netgear,that works well for us now,even in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 murpmcmurphy

cagefactor wrote: »
    Sounds like my case, I was waiting 9 weeks for a technician to do a 3 minute job. I only got action after complaining to comreg.

Hi, my situation was as bad if not worse. What's the contact details for comreg. Its a disgrace that eircom are getting away with this carry-on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Mary63 wrote: »
    Yes,perfectly normal,I am now an ex Eircom customer and wouldnt avail of their "service" again if it was offered for free.
    i have been reduced to actual tears trying to deal with Eircom staff,I would advise you not to go with them,I find UPC very good,its not problem free but at least you get to talk to someone and your complaint will be dealt with.Ring Eircom in my experience anyway with a problem and you will be transferred from one staff member to another,if you are switching to fibre broadband everytime you ring up you will be told you are no longer an Eircom customer,you will be ringing many times as service was dire.Also everytime broadband goes down your phone will be gone too.No matter how many times i told Eircom i was still a customer but had switched to the "wonderful"world of fibre optics I would be told,no, I wasnt a customer,they couldnt even manage to link up the accounts.

This level of communication would be bad enough from any company but from a Cummunications company it is beyond belief,I eventually couldnt cope with any more contact with them and i handed over to dh,when he began with them he simply couldnt believe it either and eventually we told them we wanted the contract terminated because we were paying for a patchy internet service and no phone for weeks on end.
    We were eventually told by an Eircom technician that we werent on fibre optic cables at all,we were using copper wires on our property,talk about misleading us.

Hi Mary63
    I have read through your posts here and am trully sorry for lack of service in your case. You should certainly have received the promised call back. If you wish to PM me with you rdetails I promise that we wil follow up on all issues here and wil lbe back to you.
    Regards
    Tony 

• Advertisement

I got in contact over our faulty efibre service and in fairness Eircom arrived ahead of the time arranged. Only problem I have is, despite paying for super 70MB download speeds the best I have ever got is 2mb while downloading files. That's poor DSL in my book. There are a couple of laptops and xBox's using it, but nothing that should leave it this low.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi CarrickMcJoe

You’re right, the speeds should not be that slow with efibre, please feel free to PM me your account details and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Thank you Tony for your kind offer but I never want to email,call,text,phone or communicate in anyway with Eircom again.
    We closed our account with relief and switched to UPC. My main aim in posting my experience is to warn people who may be considering switching to Eircom not to do so,I have already advised all my friends and relatives not to sign up,the customer service is beyond appalling and one of the customer service staff is one of the rudest people I have ever met,whats worse is his job is to provide a customer service,at least the technicians etc have other functions.
    I can see from the posts here that the many other customers are still experiencing difficulty in even getting through to Eircom,never mind actually having the fault repaired.I sympathise so much with the frustration.

Advertisement