Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Play-asia.com ?

Options
  • 29-08-2014 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭

So Play-asia are doing preorders for the asia version of Resi Remastered with english voices and subs.

Im about to order, and after putting in the home address, it says,
    "If possible, please use a business address for delivery. This will greatly improve up delivery time."

Has anyone used this site before using "private address" or "Business address" ?
    is there any down side to marking your home addy as a "business address" when is comes to customs and that ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,381 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not sure, used the site a lot but never seen that message. I just use my home address. It can be incredibly slow that way though, with the standard postage option - you wouldn't want to urgently play the game within the next month. Four, five week waits are par for the course. But their prices and selection are hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Man 4 , 5 weeks is a long wait for delivery. Still though, alot quicker than waiting for the EU release, and we're not getting a disc release only digital over here... Going through check out on that site, and after entering addy, on the next page/step before confirming addy, that message about business address is at the top of the page.

When your ordering from them, what do you choose with the packaging option. Play asia packaging or plain packaging ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There are Asian stores that are a lot cheaper than Play-Asia and a lot faster.
    If you haven't yet ordered, you may want to hold off and have a look.

For example, Amiami.com or nippon-yasan.com may have it cheaper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playasia have great deals though. Their Tuesday sale is pretty great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

When is this out everywhere else? if it's already got the english language in the Japan release why not release it everywhere at the same time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Have only bought US PSN cards from them. Codes are pretty quick to appear in your account and cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Good prices , but I got stung by customs before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Took them 7 weeks to deliver a game to me last year. I had presumed it got lost in the post

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,211 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well when you order from them you just have to expect crappy postage times unless you fork out for better. Don't be expecting to get stuff day one without paying for the courier.

• Advertisement

Well i placed a pre order using regular "private addy" and picked plain packaging option. 26e delivered.. With it releasing late nov, ill probably be lucky to get it 2014 with all the christmas post.
    calex71 wrote: »
    When is this out everywhere else? if it's already got the english language in the Japan release why not release it everywhere at the same time :confused:

Out over here early 2015, i dont think theres an exact date.

Advertisement