Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student vs Graduate bank accounts

Options
  • 29-08-2014 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering what the differences are between these two accounts in general? Also what is the maximum that one with a third level degree who is still doing postgraduate education for 1-2 years apply for without a guarantor? The maximum with my bank for a student account is €600. Would this be same for a graduate account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Are you referring to current accounts?

Which bank are you referring to?

The difference between a student current account and a graduate current account is simply that the graduate current account is for those inside 2 years after graduation.

There is no maximum for a cash balance in a student current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

DS86 wrote: »
    Also what is the maximum that one with a third level degree who is still doing postgraduate education for 1-2 years apply for without a guarantor? The maximum with my bank for a student account is €600. Would this be same for a graduate account?
    I presume you mean overdraft or personal loan?

Graduate accounts usually come with discounted lending rates. Check your particular banks website for terms & conditions, but it would normally at that stage depend on your employment & income status. Ideally a graduate would be in employment so normal lending criteria would apply, in other words if the bank consider that you can afford the repayments they will lend you whatever amount you want.

Edit: To add, if you are studying as a postgrad student you would probably still be eligible for a student account. Again, check your bank's website for terms & conditions.

Advertisement