Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Access/Hear orientation week?

Options
  • 29-08-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey, my brother got accepted to DIT, and he's in the Access programe. I checked and the Access /Hear orientation week is from this Monday to Friday, yet no letter ha been sent out to say if you have to go or not, where you have to go etc..? Anyone else on access get a letter about it? I'm currently in DCU, and when I did access, we all got letter saying what time to be there at, and an entire schedule, nothing from DIT yet? Also is it compulsory you attend the DIT access week thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

Hi, I too applied for the HEAR scheme and after accepting my college place I got an email, both from HEAR and DIT, about the orientation week. They asked to fill in some details and if I can remember correctly it had to be done by the 25th or something. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

DIT Access Service
    ****Access Orientation Programme

Dear Student,

Assuming that you have accepted your Access offer in DIT on CAO, I would like to congratulate you and welcome you to the DIT Access Programme.

YOUR Orientation Programme will take place from Monday the 1st of September through to Friday the 5th of September in DIT KEVIN STREET - Gleeson Hall. Please note: You must complete the questionnaire you were sent via email in advance of attending the 5 Day Orientation Programme.

You can see a DRAFT (please note this is only a DRAFT and not the final version) timetable of the Orientation Programme by clicking here: Access Orientation 2014 Timetable

A map detailing how to get to DIT Kevin Street can be seen here: DIT Kevin Street Map

Students must attend all aspects of the Orientation Programme.

Lunch will be provided on each of the 5 days of the Orientation Programme, however we regret that accommodation cannot be provided.

We know that this is both an exciting and worrying time for students and their parents and we would like to reassure you that many of your questions will be answered during the Orientation Programme. There are many supports available in DIT (including financial) from a variety of DIT Student Services and the ACE office which are provided to you for the duration of your undergraduate course of study in DIT.

We would like to invite parents, guardians and /or family members to attend the DIT Parent and Guardian Information session on Monday the 1st of September at 5.30pm in Gleeson Hall, in DIT Kevin St. There will be light refreshments served at the information session.

We look forward to meeting you at 9.45am sharp on Monday, 1st September. If you have any questions regarding the Programme, please contact the Access office on (01) 402 7604.

Yours sincerely,

DIT Access & Civic Engagement (ACE) Office

Ground Rules for Orientation

To ensure that everyone gets the most out of and enjoys the Orientation Programme, we would ask participants to comply with the following ground rules:

It is very important that you arrive each day on time and that activity times are strictly adhered too. There is a considerable amount of co-ordination needed during the Orientation and it requires a tight time schedule.
    Possession or consumption of Alcohol or drugs is strictly forbidden.
    The use of mobile phones is prohibited during the Orientation Programme and must be switched off.
    D.I.T. cannot accept responsibility for loss of or damage to personal property during the orientation programme.
    D.I.T cannot accept responsibility for personal injury sustained during the orientation programme, either within or outside the college.
    Participants must complete the Health form provided if there is a health issue that we need to be made aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

more info on the dit access webpage

Advertisement