Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

Options
  • 29-08-2014 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭

Announced at PAX 2014
    The standalone title will run you $20 and will be released for PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
    Here’s the story synopsis:

Johnny Gat and Kinzie Kensington embark on a quest to save The President/God Emperor of the Universe from Hell’s infernal city of New Hades. After teaming up with former enemy Dane Vogel, they learn The Boss is going to be forced to marry Satan’s daughter! The Saints must conquer the demon-infested city and save their friend before it is too late.

Saints Row 4: Re-elected was also announced for PS4 and Xbox One and comes with all prior content and released DLC, and lands the same day as the Gat out of Hell standalone experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,559 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Might actually pick this up. Enjoyed the PS3 version, wouldn't mind playing it again.

Was playing through Saints Row 3 with my girlfriend but looking like I'm going to have to finish it off on my own before jumping into part 4. The manner in which the games have gone from a fun GTA clone to one of the most ridiculously, over the top, dumb nonsense is something that more games should try. Saints Row is a franchise that doesn't give a damn about realism, knows that it's a game and tries to do nothing but entertain and that should be celebrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I give them 10/10 for trying and imagination but I preferred the 1st 2 games, the novelty and laughs wore off fast in SR4 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Was playing through Saints Row 3 with my girlfriend but looking like I'm going to have to finish it off on my own before jumping into part 4. The manner in which the games have gone from a fun GTA clone to one of the most ridiculously, over the top, dumb nonsense is something that more games should try. Saints Row is a franchise that doesn't give a damn about realism, knows that it's a game and tries to do nothing but entertain and that should be celebrated.

Definitely, when GTA4 sucked the fun out of the franchise and made it more of a social/bowling simuator instead of the GTA mayhem we all knew and loved, Saint's Row picked up that ball and ran with it. More games should just amp up the crazyness factor, like Far Cry Blood Dragon, it absolutely nailed what it was going for, any game that has the music from Rocky IV's fight play over the climactic sequence has got to be admired :D

btw Gat out of Hell is a bloody brilliant title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is this another CBA making a new game so mod the 3rd one?

1 and 2 are decent (2 had serious running issues on PC) but were decent 3 and 4 were cashins and lame attempts at a game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think that's a little unfair on 3 to call it a cash in, but I completely agree for 4 (which I only recently started playing). It was, after all, supposed to just be a dlc mod for 3.

I enjoy this series, like most, I'd probably say that 2 was my favourite. I mostly play them co-op with my girlfriend these days.

I don't see myself getting the next one in anything outside of a Steam Sale with all the silly dlc thrown in like I did with 3 and 4, but I might see something in it that'll make me want it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Glebee

Never really warmed to the Saints Row series. Maybe im doing something wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

I was really hoping for a Saints Row 5, was disappointed to see what's basically more dlc for 3. Great games but it's time to move on to the next installment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I am looking forward to it but it is definitely not going to be a full length title at $20. I am hopeful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone pick this up?

edit: just realized it is not released yet. Just seen on some site selling it, must be a preorder.

• Advertisement
Advertisement