Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA

Options
  • 29-08-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Quick question regarding the ESTA form . I went to the States last year for 12 days and am heading again this year. I ve updated the travel details on my ESTA online application. Is that enough to do me for this years trip or do i have to start the whole application process again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

yep...that is all you need to do!

It stays in place for 2 years, unless you get a new passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Just another quick question, my wife and daughter are heading over to the US next month, they have an ESTA which is still valid from their last trip last year, I went to update the ESTA application and it only seems to ask you to update your address and not your flight details, am I missing something or is it not necessary to have to do this...?

When I look at their ESTA application it now has the correct accommodation details but last year's flight details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Just another quick question, my wife and daughter are heading over to the US next month, they have an ESTA which is still valid from their last trip last year, I went to update the ESTA application and it only seems to ask you to update your address and not your flight details, am I missing something or is it not necessary to have to do this...?

When I look at their ESTA application it now has the correct accommodation details but last year's flight details.

I go to the US regularly on the ESTA, (5-6 times a year) and have never updated it and have never been asked about it. You have to provide your address details when booking or checking in for your flights anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The advance passenger data (API) that you provide to Aer Lingus includes your passport number so by the time you show up at US immigration and they type in your passport number, they will have your flight details on their system.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    The advance passenger data (API) that you provide to Aer Lingus includes your passport number so by the time you show up at US immigration and they type in your passport number, they will have your flight details on their system.

Where do they give that...? They're travelling with Delta.
    I flew to the States recently with Delta (although they switched me on to United flight at the last minute) and I don't remember having to do anything other than the ESTA....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,439 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

See bullet #2 here under 'Overview of requirements' .........

http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformation/knowbeforeyoufly/usatravelrequirements/

You probably handed over your passport when you checked in with Delta - maybe the check-in clerk did the necessary?

Thanks for that, I'd better look into how Delta do it so they don't have any last minute problems at the airport....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

same procedure for all airlines when you check in online

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

didnt want to start a new thread just to ask one question so ill post it here because im confused by the ESTA thing and weather i require it or not. but im traveling to the states to visit a friend for a week next month,do i need to fill out the ESTA form or is it for people planning to live over there or something? thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yes, you do need to fill out the ESTA.

ok thanks and anything else or is that it?

Nope, that's it. It'll tell you whether you've been granted a visa waiver or not pretty much instantly (or within a few minutes).

Depending who you fly with you may also have to fill out that API thing....

im flying with united airlines,from what i can see i dont need the api thing but thanks. also would it be ok for me to print out my boarding passes aswell as using their online app for boarding(just in case my battery runs dead or something)? or does it have to be one or the other?

niallith wrote: »
    im flying with united airlines,from what i can see i dont need the api thing but thanks. also would it be ok for me to print out my boarding passes aswell as using their online app for boarding(just in case my battery runs dead or something)? or does it have to be one or the other?

Yeah my app automatically checked me in the other week coming back, but I printed off a boarding card when I got to the airport, so doing both should be fine.

Advertisement