Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows keys.

Options
  • 29-08-2014 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Anyone no a good site to buy cheap keys off of ?

is this one good does anyone know ?

<snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Need Windows 7 myself. Did you buy? That site looks a bit dodgy to me, could be wrong though. I'd say it would be very easy to buy "bad" software. Even Amazon has some suspicious listings.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Looks a bit dodgy. No contact page, .org TLD, "Powered by Windows 7 Product Key Windows 8 Key" on the footer, no SSL/HTTPS encryption, very very generic logo and hidden WHOIS protection set off alarm bells. Could be sending users to a phished "PayPal site" or attempting to get people's credit card details unsuspectingly. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

If you are buying a lot of licenses Microsoft do have a volume license scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

ppshay wrote: »
    Need Windows 7 myself. Did you buy? That site looks a bit dodgy to me, could be wrong though. I'd say it would be very easy to buy "bad" software. Even Amazon has some suspicious listings.
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Looks a bit dodgy. No contact page, .org TLD, "Powered by Windows 7 Product Key Windows 8 Key" on the footer, no SSL/HTTPS encryption, very very generic logo and hidden WHOIS protection set off alarm bells. Could be sending users to a phished "PayPal site" or attempting to get people's credit card details unsuspectingly. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

If you are buying a lot of licenses Microsoft do have a volume license scheme.

Yeah i thought it was a bit dodgy myself, no i dont want alot of licenses i just want to get cheap product keys, im nearly certain i was linked a site before that sold them legally and for cheap, but cant find it no more :/ mightn't have be so legit :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Right folks removing the link to the site because as mentioned above it is likely dodgy and possibly selling stolen or illegal keys. Plenty of people sell MSDN keys cheap which is against Microsofts terms & conditions. I'm sure they could block such keys at some stage so buying them may even be a false economy.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭LukeyKid

yoyo wrote: »
    Right folks removing the link to the site because as mentioned above it is likely dodgy and possibly selling stolen or illegal keys. Plenty of people sell MSDN keys cheap which is against Microsofts terms & conditions. I'm sure they could block such keys at some stage so buying them may even be a false economy.

Nick

Oh okay sorry ill remove it now.

Looks like you've already done it :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement