Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre installation: wired or wireless?

Options
  • 29-08-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Currently I use wired ethernet to connect my modem to my desktop in my room. What are my options with efibre?

Can I still have a wired connection, even though I'm on the second floor, and the main phone socket is downstairs? If I chose a wireless connection to save any potential hassle, what is the best option to connect my desktop PC to the new modem wirelessly?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Zatoichi wrote: »
    Currently I use wired ethernet to connect my modem to my desktop in my room. What are my options with efibre?

Can I still have a wired connection, even though I'm on the second floor, and the main phone socket is downstairs? If I chose a wireless connection to save any potential hassle, what is the best option to connect my desktop PC to the new modem wirelessly?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Zatoichi

The modem can be installed up to 30metres from the main socket so if your computer is in range of 30metres you can still use the Ethernet cable.

If you connect wirelessly then the efibre Zyxel f1000 router will serve a wifi signal which your PC should pick up on. Upon installation the engineer will ensure at least one device is working before he leaves.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement