If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart TV Options

Options
  • 29-08-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

Hi,

looking for a smart tv, 42Inch 47 max, been looking at quite a few both online and the regular big name stores in Ireland. 
    Want a good remote that makes web surfing and using the extra add ons easy to navigate. 
    Also use it for gaming so less lag the better. 

€600 max.

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

looking for a smart tv, 42Inch 47 max, been looking at quite a few both online and the regular big name stores in Ireland. 
    Want a good remote that makes web surfing and using the extra add ons easy to navigate. 
    Also use it for gaming so less lag the better. 

€600 max.

Thanks.
    Demosthenese,

apologies for the delay getting back to you- In 42" you have quite a choice and with your mention of the 'good remote' for web surfing I'd guess the obvious candidate would be the LG 42LB650 which is currently £449.95 / €579.99 - as you can add the LG Magic Remote to this for just £24.95/€30.99 ( including the Bluetooth dongle!) - this will give you a great package and just on budget.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lb650v/lg-42lb650v

If you look at Panasonic then the Panasonic TX42As650 is a really exceptional  TV - its great for gaming with Panasonics 1200Hz motion processing on-board - it does bust the budget slightly at £499.95 / €629.99 but it is exceptional value - check it out here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-tx42as650b/pana-tx42as650b

Its a bit harder to source a 47" around the €600 budget that will perform and have the same quality and specs as the two options above - the best option would be the Samsung 48H6400 which is reduced to just £599.95 / €749.99 ( as I said putting the budget under pressure!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue48h6400/sams-ue48h6400

Thanks again and keep us posted if you have any queries or of course if you would like to order :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Thanks for reply! 
    - Can you tell me the SPEC on the Panasonic and LG speakers please? Unless its stated in the Specs and i am too blind to see em! ;)
    - How much for delivery to Ireland (Kildare)
    - How fast does it take from order to delivery? 
    - What sort of remote comes for the Panasonic? 
    - Do any of these 2 have VGA connections? (Or any of the newer types of tv anymore i guess ;)
    - Can you tell me the maker of the dual core processor in each? If possible ;)
    - Only 30 euro in the difference here ... honestly which one would you choose! WHY?

Thanks!

Thanks for reply! 
    - Can you tell me the SPEC on the Panasonic and LG speakers please? Unless its stated in the Specs and i am too blind to see em! ;)
    - How much for delivery to Ireland (Kildare)
    - How fast does it take from order to delivery? 
    - What sort of remote comes for the Panasonic? 
    - Do any of these 2 have VGA connections? (Or any of the newer types of tv anymore i guess ;)
    - Can you tell me the maker of the dual core processor in each? If possible ;)
    - Only 30 euro in the difference here ... honestly which one would you choose! WHY?

Thanks!
    I'm going to have to please some ignorance here..

I don't know the spec of the actual drivers used by either LG or Pana - The Panasonic has a decent 20 watt amp and sounds well - I'm not sure what amp the LG has as its not in the specs or manual..

Delivery on either to Kildare would be £24.95 / €30.99 and generally we can deliver (stock permitting ) in approx. 3 days

The Pana has a fairly conventional remote, but of course there is a good App to allow you to control it via your smartphone - here is a link to the manual ( remote is covered around page 38) http://www.richersounds.com/static/manuals/AS650B.pdf

Neither of these TV's has a (single) VGA connection, VGA really is a dying breed now and has been replaced by HDMI - its many, many years since I've seen more than one VGA on anything other than a dedicated monitor ( and even then they are rare!)

On the processor manufacturers, again I'm pleading ignorance - they are just too new to have split them open for a rummage around inside and the manufacturers don't divulge this info unfortunately.

€30 - Ok I know the magic remote option on the LG appears right up your street, but the Panasonic, especially with the recent price drop is exceptional and it wins my personal vote on the picture quality alone,

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful :o,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Thanks again for the replies, no problem on the ones that you were unable to answer. So how's about free delivery since you are basically forcing me to buy a tv for €30 more than i previously planned without a smart tv remote ;) - on that note - is there an upgraded smart remote suitable for Panasonic like the LG's? If so how much? This is sounding like a deal ... 

Thanks,

Neal.

Thanks again for the replies, no problem on the ones that you were unable to answer. So how's about free delivery since you are basically forcing me to buy a tv for €30 more than i previously planned without a smart tv remote ;) - on that note - is there an upgraded smart remote suitable for Panasonic like the LG's? If so how much? This is sounding like a deal ... 

Thanks,

Neal.
    Neal,

The Panasonic just comes with the standard remote ( or the smartphone control App of course!) - I can't do free delivery - but I'll split the difference with you and do delivery at just €14.99 if you are interested..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.