Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Student ID Collection

Options
  • 29-08-2014 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

I've recently registered with DIT and checked out the dates for induction and ID collection. But I've a small problem. I live a 2.5hour bus journey from the college and I have to collect my ID card.
    What I'm wondering is; am I able to collect it after the allocated day or get it posted or something OR do I have to spend 5 hours on a bus just to collect it?
    Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I've never really understood this to be honest as you can get a student ID in any of the student service offices during the year. You do need to be there to get your photo taken, so postage is out of the equation. Send an email to student services asking if there's an alternative, such as getting your card during the semester proper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You can have it posted...
    If you are unable to attend the DIT Student ID Card Event please visit one of the Student Service Centres to avail of a card or alternatively you can e-mail a jpeg photograph along with your details to parttimeid@dit.ie your card will then be posted to you.

http://www.dit.ie/studentservices/registration/studentcard/

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Okay thanks!
    Out of curiosity, is the card needed for my studies to get in and out of college or what? So many questions haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

Okay thanks!
    Out of curiosity, is the card needed for my studies to get in and out of college or what? So many questions haha.

Its mainly used for getting into and out of the library, for exams and if you need anything official from the college. Oh and getting your student discounts around town - probably its most important use.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

You also need it for access for Grangegorman and for Bolton Street main entrance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

Thanks people really appreciate it! Going to Linenhall myself, very excited.

Advertisement