Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the Leaving Cert

Options
  • 29-08-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I've decided to resit the leaving cert this year after missing out on Veterinary Medicine in UCD because I was 60 points short.
    Does anyone have any experience of good repeat leaving cert courses that aren't 6/7 grand?
    I've applied to the leaving cert repeat course in Ringsend, Rathmines and Bray colleges of further education, are these courses any good?
    Also will I be able to get the 25 extra bonus points for maths, even if I'm a repeat student for the year 2015?

Lastly, has anyone repeated at home? Is that managable?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Any of the repeat LC run in ETB (previously VEC) schools will not charge stupid money as they are in it for education, not making money.

The courses are the same wherever you go, the variable is how much work you will put in.

Repeating at home would require a great deal of self discipline and would cause problems for subjects such as Geography and History which need a teacher to sign off on the project work. It's possible to repeat yourself from home, but not at all easy.

There is also the option of night classes, if you wanted to work during the day.

Advertisement