Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What a GAA player needs

• 30-08-2014 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

GAA now only has three positions really - what do you reckon they need?

Back - FAST - foresight aggression speed tenacity

Mid - FITS - fielding intelligence tenacity speed

Forward - ACTS - accuracy composure tenacity speed

.... In that order

Tenacity and speed needed in all positions

Middle 8 is where it counts

Donegal for Sam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

.... In that order

Donegal for Sam

Be sure to throw your hat in the ring when Jim goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Keeper: STOP......the ball :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I can just see this stuff on big sheets of paper pinned around a dressing room wall. In sort of related stuff to this, the vast vast majority of people playing GAA in Ireland do it for the craic or fitness, is there really a need for all these buzz words and gimmicks like wristbands etc.

Fair enough senior club in most counties and inter county is serious stuff but the rest of it isn't. Jesus in the last couple of weeks I've heard a lad coaching under 6's tell them not to be messing or talking for the hour and asking them to push it out for the last minute of a drill!! Gaelic football and hurling are pretty simple games really and all the buzzwords, acronyms and gimmicks wont change that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

.... In that order

Donegal for Sam

I'm afraid Dublin are better than ye in all those facets Daithi, so your last sentence is unlikely to occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

rpurfield wrote: »
    I can just see this stuff on big sheets of paper pinned around a dressing room wall. In sort of related stuff to this, the vast vast majority of people playing GAA in Ireland do it for the craic or fitness, is there really a need for all these buzz words and gimmicks like wristbands etc.

Fair enough senior club in most counties and inter county is serious stuff but the rest of it isn't. Jesus in the last couple of weeks I've heard a lad coaching under 6's tell them not to be messing or talking for the hour and asking them to push it out for the last minute of a drill!! Gaelic football and hurling are pretty simple games really and all the buzzwords, acronyms and gimmicks wont change that!!

That lad should not be coaching kids and the parents that stand there and listen to it are worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭savannahkat

A Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

rpurfield wrote: »

I agree with 90% of this. The 10 is that the first team in most clubs is fairly serious. Be that junior A,B or C, intermediate or senior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭rpurfield

I agree with 90% of this. The 10 is that the first team in most clubs is fairly serious. Be that junior A,B or C, intermediate or senior.

Yeah I probably was unfair putting it down to senior only in hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭The Letheram

Ah I wasn't having a go or anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭daphil

.... In that order

Donegal for Sam

<SNIP>

• Advertisement
Advertisement