Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

• 30-08-2014 7:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭

Some doubt about Costa being fit, but putting him in first 11.
    Pool-Spurs seems to be pick of the games. Best of luck to all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bench Costa or not is my only query.

Courtois
    Hutton, van Aanholt, Caulker, Colocconi
    Ramsey, Mata, Siggy, Fab
    Rooney, Jovetic (c)

Or put Costa in for van Aanholt and risk a 1 pointer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

FHFC wrote: »
    Bench Costa or not is my only query.

Courtois
    Hutton, van Aanholt, Caulker, Colocconi
    Ramsey, Mata, Siggy, Fab
    Rooney, Jovetic (c)

Or put Costa in for van Aanholt and risk a 1 pointer?

With Sun up against a poor Qpr, its a tough one but reports had Costa seen in training yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Go with current team of

Begovic, Hamer
    Coloccini, Clyne, Cahill, van Aanholt, Duff
    Ramsey, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Isgrove
    Costa, Fletcher, Rooney

or go with WC team which would be

Krul, Hamer
    Dummet, Robertson, van Aanholt, Wisdom, Duff
    Ramsey, Sterling, Sigurdsson, Fabregas, Wanyama
    RVP, Aguero, Adebayor

Big desision to be made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Jovetic captain

Need a strong week. Poxy start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Bench Ade or Sterling? Have a feeling it'll be a high scoring game and both of them will be involved, just need to figure out who'll score more!

• Advertisement

Would captaining Aguero be a crazy idea?

G1032 wrote: »
    Would captaining Aguero be a crazy idea?

It would be some differential! If I had him instead of Rooney I would.
    Why have you Wayanama on your W/C team, not much potential so far as an assister/scorer.

Which 3 defenders to play out of Azpil,Chambers,Dummet, Jones and Vlaar?

Or play 4 at back and leave out Naismith?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thinking of captaining Siggy, and taking a 4 point hit and getting Costa out.
    Not worth getting Naismith in as I reckon Eto'o and Lukaku will be their main strikers now

Invincible wrote: »

Vlaar . play him I reckon.
    Not so sure Naismith will play now with Eto and Lukaku

• Advertisement

Brough in Cesar Azpilicueta for Felipe Luis

Watch Mourinho f*ck me over now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I'd be very surprised if Costa is risked. Hamstrings don't just heal in a few days. Even if it was just a slight strain and especially if you had issues with it before. Any aggravation to it could be a good few weeks out. If he doesn't play it would be a good argument from Chelsea that he should sit out the internationals. Some nice recovery time then.

I'd be very surprised if Costa is risked. Hamstrings don't just heal in a few days. Even if it was just a slight strain and especially if you had issues with it before. Any aggravation to it could be a good few weeks out. If he doesn't play it would be a good argument from Chelsea that he should sit out the internationals. Some nice recovery time then.

He will start. Came through training yesterday and like you say only internationals for 2 weeks so if he is crocked after playing, he can sit them out

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

I think that's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Jovetic or Aguero, will captain whoever i go with! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

yaya to do the business
    if not it's adios

held off on wc with the internationals coming up

It would be some differential! If I had him instead of Rooney I would.
    Why have you Wayanama on your W/C team, not much potential so far as an assister/scorer.

He's just there to sit the bench. Not spending any more than 4.5 on a 5th midfielder. He's replacing Isgrove. If he's called into action so to speak and gets me 2 points then I'll be happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

He will start. Came through training yesterday and like you say only internationals for 2 weeks so if he is crocked after playing, he can sit them out

Apparently only some light stretching. Think it would be a huge risk playing him. I've had lots of hamstring injuries and if you get a bad one it's not just 2 weeks out. Obviously I'm just guessing but I consider Jose a clever dude and it would be a bit mad to risk him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm starting him. Also currently have Ramsey as captain...

Ok, reckon this will be this weeks team. Still a bit unsure about Di Maria & leaving Sterling on the bench.

Mannone
    Oshea, Hutton, Dummett
    Siggy, Di Maria, Ramsey, Fabregas
    Rooney, Adebayor, Jovetic

WC is still active though so I could end up changing the whole team before 11.30 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Apparently only some light stretching. Think it would be a huge risk playing him. I've had lots of hamstring injuries and if you get a bad one it's not just 2 weeks out. Obviously I'm just guessing but I consider Jose a clever dude and it would be a bit mad to risk him.

Jose said they would be doing everythingto gget him to play. I'm leaving him in my team on the basis that unless they are sure he is 100% he probably won't feature at all. If he's not fully fit what's the point in bringing him off the bench. If he is 100% he could start and the fact that he has travelled means there must be a possibility he could play. The whole damn thing could be Jose messing too.. All the quotes are at the link below, II'm sure we'll all read totally different things into them. :)

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/mourinho-press-conference-29th-august.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Held firm on WC and points hits, even banked my transfer. But that might change before 11:30 because I'm a bit terrified of not having City attacking coverage for the Stoke game.

This is how I line up; not hugely optimistic about the GW:

De Gea
    --Debuchy--van Aanholt--Caulker
    Siggy--Ramsey--Eriksen--Fabregas--Mata
    --Rooney(c)
    Costa----

Clyne comes off the bench if Costa doesn't make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

HighClass wrote: »
    Ok, reckon this will be this weeks team. Still a bit unsure about Di Maria & leaving Sterling on the bench.

Mannone
    Oshea, Hutton, Dummett
    Siggy, Di Maria, Ramsey, Fabregas
    Rooney, Adebayor, Jovetic

WC is still active though so I could end up changing the whole team before 11.30 :pac:

A front 8 like that is going to cause you nothing but heartbreak wondering who to bench every week.

Lemlin wrote: »
    A front 8 like that is going to cause you nothing but heartbreak wondering who to bench every week.

I've gotten well used to heartbreak playing this game! Once I call it right most of the time it should work out, bar a rampage from someone they should be in or around the same score every week...I'm hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Bench Ade or Sterling? Have a feeling it'll be a high scoring game and both of them will be involved, just need to figure out who'll score more!

Why not bench someone else then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pretty certain I'll wildcard this week so took a little gamble based on a few gut feelings.

I'm not sure Costa will start. If he does, it tells Spain that he is good for international duty. I think it's 60/40 that he starts on bench.

Isgrove was going down last night. I think he'll start to drop quickly during the WC so may as well get him out now.

De Jong for Newcastle looks like he'll be starting for Newcastle behind the striker. A good a gamble as any as Palace look poor.

Jovetic. Should start against Stoke. Should do well.

So 4 point hit taken. Costa and Isgrove out for Jovetic and De Jong.

No decision on captain but will probably stick with Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Guzan
    Jones-Coloccini-Taylor(Swan)
    Mata-Fabregas-Ramsey-Eriksen
    Jovetic-Rooney(c)-Costa

Could be wildcard time depending on how this weekend goes.

Why not bench someone else then?

Ramsey, Rooney, Siggy, Di Maria or Fabregas?

I'm close to benching Di Maria but I still reckon he's going to get a good score today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Dummet, Vlaar and the 3rd one's tough...

FWIW FFS scout have Naismith playing and Chambers not starting though they're not sure on that last one.

For me the dilemma is De Gea or Krul? Alreay have Dummet so playing Krul would mean doubling up on Newcastle...

Then my 3rd defender's spot is between Chambers, Wisdom and Bruce. Have Chambers on and Wisdom ahead of Bruce currently. Tempted to reverse that order so if Chambers doesn't make it Bruce would come on. Wisdom away to Swnasea doesn't fill me with great confidence.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Dummet, Vlaar and the 3rd one's tough...

FWIW FFS scout have Naismith playing and Chambers not starting though they're not sure on that last one.

For me the dilemma is De Gea or Krul? Alreay have Dummet so playing Krul would mean doubling up on Newcastle...

Then my 3rd defender's spot is between Chambers, Wisdom and Bruce. Have Chambers on and Wisdom ahead of Bruce currently. Tempted to reverse that order so if Chambers doesn't make it Bruce would come on. Wisdom away to Swnasea doesn't fill me with great confidence.

I'd go with De Gea since you have Dummet, Utd have to keep a clean sheet at some stage and Burnley away is a good chance.
    If there's doubt about Chambers will leave him off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

G1032 wrote: »
    He's just there to sit the bench. Not spending any more than 4.5 on a 5th midfielder. He's replacing Isgrove. If he's called into action so to speak and gets me 2 points then I'll be happy with that

I have Wanayama. Got 3pts last week. Perfect bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Start Fletcher or Clyne or Azpi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Aguero or Rooney as captain? edging towards Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

krul
    dummet hutton taylor
    silva siggy ramsey fab
    sturridge rvp (c) ade.
    If newcastle keep a clean sheet and rvp outscores rooney it should be a good week.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Aguero or Rooney as captain? edging towards Aguero

For ability, I'd go with Aguero.

• Advertisement

Start Fletcher or Clyne?

Clyne for chance of assist, Fletcher not on song yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Pretty certain I'll wildcard this week so took a little gamble based on a few gut feelings.

I'm not sure Costa will start. If he does, it tells Spain that he is good for international duty. I think it's 60/40 that he starts on bench.

Isgrove was going down last night. I think he'll start to drop quickly during the WC so may as well get him out now.

De Jong for Newcastle looks like he'll be starting for Newcastle behind the striker. A good a gamble as any as Palace look poor.

Jovetic. Should start against Stoke. Should do well.

So 4 point hit taken. Costa and Isgrove out for Jovetic and De Jong.

No decision on captain but will probably stick with Rooney.
    All aboard the De Jong bus. With so many of the of the captain regulars away from home it's a good week to take a punt. I've gone for him at home to a poor Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Right. Haven't made any transfers yet. But feel my team's not that strong for this week.

De Gea
    Terry Chambers Bruce
    Siggy Fabregas Ramsey Eriksen
    Rooney (C) Sturridge Fletcher

Krul - Wanyama Wisdom Shawcross

I'm tempted by Eriksen -> Silva
    and Chambers -> Dummet (which would be a pre-WC long-term move)

- edit -

In the end only got Dummett in so that I still have 2 FT coming into the 1st international break. Silva could have been a one week punt (considering his next 2 games) but would have forced me to play WC next week. With all the uncertainty around price changes, it remains to be seen whether playing the WC during the 1st int break is the best option this year. Maybe it'll be better for the 2nd int break ...?

- edit 2 -

Oh and went for Siggy (C) in the end. Was not feeling comfy with the early game C. Watch Rooney punish me now...

Lads - last chance - captain Jovetic or Rooney?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Jovetic for a punt

Rooney if you're feeling chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Worth a 4 pt hit to get naismith or wickham for bojan in case
    costa doesn't play

This will more than likely come back to bite me in the ass like it did in GW1 but I'm going to bench Siggy. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FFS captain poll has Rooney 38% and Jovetic 15%. I generally like to go with them.
    Now to answer your question Jovetic is a litle bit more "gambling"... Depends how much you want to play it safe or not ;).

This will more than likely come back to bite me in the ass like it did in GW1 but I'm going to bench Siggy. Madness.

For sure, at home to W Brom,it's risky.

auldgranny wrote: »
    Worth a 4 pt hit to get naismith or wickham for bojan in case
    costa doesn't play

no id say
    wick could do anything or nothing
    hard to see naismith going mad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

who would you play? Ferdinand or Dummett? Help please! 2 mins!

surely theres a better option than that and him home to brom

who would you play? Ferdinand or Dummett? Help please! 2 mins!

dummet
    home game v palace
    easy imo
    really think qpr will concede

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

krul
    dummet hutton taylor
    silva siggy ramsey fab
    sturridge rvp (c) ade.
    If newcastle keep a clean sheet and rvp outscores rooney it should be a good week.

I hope you have a good week :D

And that Sterling outscores Silva ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement