Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hey is Alex Bruce likely to start for Hull tomorrow and going forward in the future? Last I heard he was off to Blackburb but if he's sticking around a likely to be a starter I'll hang on to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hey is Alex Bruce likely to start for Hull tomorrow and going forward in the future? Last I heard he was off to Blackburb but if he's sticking around a likely to be a starter I'll hang on to him

Good chance he'll play tomorrow with Chester suspended. After that his chances don't look good I'm afraid - they were already iffy and even more so now with the arrival of Dawson from Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Even if he was injured there wouldn't be one.

Did they change the system this year? Last year players didnt lose value if they were out injured. No matter how many people transferred out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

q2ice wrote: »
    Did they change the system this year? Last year players didnt lose value if they were out injured. No matter how many people transferred out

That wasn't the case last year. Just a higher number of transfers needed but they can still drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    The amazing thing for me is that you're only 30 points ahead of me but 137k or something places. Shows it'll take another good few GWs until we'll be able to see how we're really shaping up.
    Ah totally, it's very condensed. Just enjoying my one night in the sun! We'll see how long it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

You're looking at the stats for 2.5 weeks though (GW3 hasn't finished). This is a marathon, not a sprint.

Last year to finish at 1557 I got 2462 points. 30 points is 1.21% of 2462. 30 points in this game is very little. A good captaincy choice some weeks could get you near 40 points.

Well that's my point. You're looking at stats for 2.5 weeks and expressing surprise at the gap in places over 30 points.

Of course 30 points is relatively little at the end. But at the moment it is alot, nearly 20% of your score.

That's all I'm saying.

53 pts with two to play. Overall 190pts and a rank of 1003. Over the moon with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

My Christmas wish list is a little early but hopefully Santa can do me a favour now while he has some spare time...

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Hull (Hutton OG, Bruce OG)
    Spurs 1 - 1 Liverpool (Sterling OG, Eriksen OG)
    Leicester 0 - 6 Arsenal (Ramsey double hat-trick, all assisted by Debuchy)

I don't think this is too much to ask...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If Aston villa land another CS I will flip, rivals in my cash league till Xmas Day have doubled up on Villa so far.

Really frustrating and proving tricky to stay in touch expecially as it is a short league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Could do with 2-2 with Ade and Sterling getting a brace each.

I'm off to watch Mr Peabody and Sherman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

dahat wrote: »
    If Aston villa land another CS I will flip, rivals in my cash league till Xmas Day have doubled up on Villa so far.

Really frustrating and proving tricky to stay in touch expecially as it is a short league.

Villa s next 5 fixtures are bad ,so i would not panic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Could do with 2-2 with Ade and Sterling getting a brace each.

I'm off to watch Mr Peabody and Sherman.

2 - 3 Liverpool would be more favourable ;)

Lots of goals are essential though! Can see Spurs definitely scoring anyway, half of Liverpool's defence are injured or doubts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

I'm hoping Eriksen awakens from his FF slumber and gets a few assists or goals and a Guzan CS would be lovely as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Well that is wonderful in hindsight now that he has scored 2 goals.
    At the end of the day, the media led us all to believe he was crocked all week, and even Mourinho said yesterday that he was touch and go even to be in the squad.

learned my lesson from a similar Wenger / Van Persie situation a few seasons ago where vp started after injury news and went on to score about 20pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I didn't see a thing yesterday and woke up this morning to see I'm surprisingly on 51 points with Debuchy and Ramsey to play today. That has me just outside 10,000 overall. Not being able to be in touch with this weeks events much probably paid off as I'd have been severely tempted to get City attacking coverage in.

Captain choice didn't go well (Rooney) and Pieters (who I transferred in for Bardsley) is sitting as my 3rd sub on 11, but as has been the case with some of my defenders the last few weeks I can't complain not getting the points as I was never going to play him. Delighted with Costa's brace though. I'd have snapped your hands off for that score pre-deadline.

The Stoke/Swansea rotation appears to be going well with 2 clean sheets from 3 banked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Manquillo, Moreno, Lovren, Sakho, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Sterling, Sturridge, Balotelli

Balo starts

Lloris; Dier, Kaboul (c), Vertonghen, Rose; Bentaleb, Capoue; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Adebayor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I hope I don't regret my last minute decision not to punt on Balotelli :D

#AVFC: Guzan, Vlaar, Senderos, Hutton, Cissokho, Delph, Westwood, Richardson, N’Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor. #AVFCLIVE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'm hoping Lamela has a great game, just because he's cheaper to bring in than Sterling. Gotta ship Mata out!

I'd say there could be a good few goals in the Pool/Spurs game. Could do with a quiet performance for Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Balotelli always has a good debut expecting a goal from him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

It's up to Ade & Sterling to save my week! Clean sheet for Hutton would be handy as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Got rid of Jovetic last week before his 13 point haul and now Costa before his 12 points, not the greatest of starts, can only get better... hopefully

Can't wait to see Super Mario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Sterling guarenteed to score, in wildcard i sold DDG,Peiters, Costa, Austin and Sterling. All others have scored at least 7 pts, i would have been about 30 pts better but have decent team going forward so not too disappointed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Got rid of Jovetic last week before his 13 point haul and now Costa before his 12 points, not the greatest of starts, can only get better... hopefully

Let us know who's on the chopping block this week? :D

Very unlucky...

My advice would be to stop doing things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Red arrows with 38 with Ramsey, Sterling and Moore (first sub for Dummett) to play.

Down to 23k.

Wildcard time!

@HullCity Starting XI: McGregor, McShane, Davies, Dawson, Elmohamady, Livermore, Quinn, Huddlestone, Robertson, Ince, Jelavic

• Advertisement

Mario very close to getting his first :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

lloris save from balotelli

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

PARlance wrote: »
    Let us know who's on the chopping block this week? :D

Very unlucky...

Got rid of Sanchez for Ramsey as well as part of the hit so he'll probably get a hat-trick later!

1-0 sterling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Atta boy Raheem.

Oh Sterling you little beauty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Sterling you beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Sterling goal. Henderson assist.

hendo assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Oh Ade...

If somebody has to score against Spurs then I'll settle for Sterling.
    Ade should have scored there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Get in there.

Good an Raheem

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Time for me to stop messing about and pull the trigger on Mata -> Sterling very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Weetabix wrote: »
    Sterling guarenteed to score, in wildcard i sold DDG,Peiters, Costa, Austin and Sterling. All others have scored at least 7 pts, i would have been about 30 pts better but have decent team going forward so not too disappointed!

All i can do is laugh!!

Feck Sterling anyway!

Where's Lallana at these days?

• Advertisement

If Ade finished that it would have been the perfect start. Early days yet though, can see pleanty of goals in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Balotelli could/should have had 2 by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If somebody has to score against Spurs then I'll settle for Sterling.
    Ade should have scored there
    Id visions of you in your spurs jersey celebrating that goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gabby goal villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm seriously considering going 352 with my wildcard.
    so many good midfielder so few top bracket strikers performing.
    if I do it will prob be aguero Costa up top though and they are injury prone....../

• Advertisement
Advertisement