Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Missed the game but arsenal were pretty woeful it seems.. How did chambers get 2 bonus?? Did sterling/Lovren pick up any bonus?

Came on after goal conceded and before allotted time needed to get clean sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

56 all out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will finish on 43 points. Happy enough with that. Sterling rescued a dire week.

Not having Costa is where I suffered but a transfer can easily sort that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Should finish up on 69 -4 after bonus,Best week so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Will end on 50. Today couldn't have gone a huge amount worse... 6 points from Captain Ramsey and Debuchy. Will definitely be shooting down the rankings. 175 points going into GW4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

daithijjj wrote: »
    Came on after goal conceded and before allotted time needed to get clean sheet.

Ah ok.. Are you saying he will get clean sheet points and 2 bonus? 8 points? If so I am a lucky, lucky bastard

Ah ok.. Are you saying he will get clean sheet points and 2 bonus? 8 points? If so I am a lucky, lucky bastard

Yep. That is what he is saying.

roryc wrote: »
    Will end on 50. Today couldn't have gone a huge amount worse... 6 points from Captain Ramsey and Debuchy. Will definitely be shooting down the rankings. 175 points going into GW4.

Sterling could have scored a second, Ade could have scored, Villa could have kept a clean sheet....

Every cloud has a silver lining. 6 points today isn't all that bad. Alot of people only had Ramsey or one player playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

roryc wrote: »

52, kind of the opposite, not a great day yesterday. Sterling and Sanchez doing the biz today. Not an amazing wildcard score, but this was a very odd week in terms of points scorers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

57 points all in. Siggy(C) and Costa accounted for 60% of my points. Should still be pretty good for the GW and hopefully top 25k overall

• Advertisement

Yes you are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

55 after bonus. With rooney as captain for four.

56 53 55 so consistent.

Made two transfers last week. Dont need to make any more for the international break. First year in seven being in that position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Looks like about 63 to finish with.. Pleasantly surprised.. A proxy clean sheet from Chambers capped it off.. Green Arrows y'all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

3 BPS Sanchez
    2 BPS Chambers
    1 BPS Cazorla

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Chambers on for two bonus aswell. Lol

Sweet

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

39 points, one of those weeks

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

The majority of Chambers owners got ridiculously lucky today. Only had Debuchy and Ramsey playing. Will finish the week on 50. There will be plenty of low-ish scores this week so 50's not bad. Onwards to GW4!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Think I've about 48 which isn't too bad. Rooney is next on my list for the chop. Swapping de gea out for krul is annoying

After having 10/11 of my players playing away this week it will be a welcome change to see 9/11 play at home next gameweek... expecting big things. Which generally means a rubbish score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

44 points this week. Below average I'd say and raging I took out Costa in what appeared to be one of those Mourinho wind-up tricks. There was nothing wrong with him for feck sake! If only Sterling had scored that sitter and Ade could have got a goal himself. Still though it's not a disaster of a week and I'm well inside the top 50k at this early stage which is a big advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I finish on a very average 51 but I'm quite happy with that as it comes on the back of two terrible weeks so it feels like I've stopped the rot for the moment.
    Not having Ramsey is pure torture but I stand by the argument that for 9m he is not an essential purchase for the entire season. After gameweek 7 I would like to have him in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Brought Chester in last week only for him to be sent off for -2 missing out on Wisdom 8 points. This week bring in Dummett for Chester who of course doesn't play but my this week my luck was in as Chambers comes for 8 points. It's the roundabout of this game! 57 for the GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

42 points.

meh.

still top 40k in the world so it has to go down as a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Somehow managed a 72 this week, nice recovery after a poor start, upto 40,000th now. Nice captain Siggy and a lucky Chambers haul being the highlights...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

The majority of Chambers owners got ridiculously lucky today. Only had Debuchy and Ramsey playing. Will finish the week on 50. There will be plenty of low-ish scores this week so 50's not bad. Onwards to GW4!

Not the ones who had him on the bench. And especially not the ones who transferred Ramsey in for Sanchez before GW3 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Very poor 38 for me. Leaving Siggy on the bench was always a stupid move but I'll gladly get the stupid moves out of the way early on in the season :pac: Lucky enough that I had two pretty good weeks so I'm not too bad off overall, 153 going into the break!

Why would you bench Siggy! Some very strange decision making going on this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

53 for me this week, consolidating my good start. Wildcard in play now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

59 for me, Chambers take a bow!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Went away for the day knowing Chambers finally got benched.

Then scores 8 points.

Lolz.

49 all out. Still haven't used Wildcard. Still not sure whether to or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Ned Walsh

Only got 42. Rooney, Azpi, Ramsey, Mata and Bony all let me down. God bless Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

39 pts after playing my wildcard would have got 64 pts if I didn't. You win some you lose some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

39 pts after playing my wildcard would have got 64 pts if I didn't. You win some you lose some.

39 after wildcard as well, would probably have been 55 if I didn't assuming I benched Peiters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

82 points for me. Had a terrible GW1 and 2, had everyone in my leagues laughing at me, near bottom of most groups. Top of them so delighted :D

Weetabix wrote: »
    39 after wildcard as well, would probably have been 55 if I didn't assuming I benched Peiters!

Just one of those things sold bego for Krul hazard for silva costa for Rvp chambers for Dummett and by rejigging my formation sterling to sturridge. 9 times out of 10 the players I got in would outperform the ones I've sold when you consider fixtures and the fact chambers was unlikely to play and costa a doubt.Hard to believe I'm 25 points worse off.Still happier with the shape of my team now then before the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just the 2 points for Ramsey today brings me to 57 for the week. Apart from "Austingate" I'm more than pleased.

Up from 103k to 52k this week is brilliant. 45k higher than I was at any point last season. Only 3 weeks in but bloody well delighted all the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

56 for me. Could have been beautiful if the Villains had held on for the cs. captain-failed like most, Costa and Siggy my 2 saviours. Worst GW rank so far(400k), but another green arrow in the overall rankings. So yeah! Whooooop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The guy who is first in Ireland and 16 in the world captained Dyer, genius, idiot or does he have a time machine??

54, steady, happy enough. 170k ish in the world.

Down from 26k to 76k. Absolute shocker of a Sunday! My back 4 have managed 2 clean sheets from 12, I keep benching a bucketload of points and seem to be falling on the wrong side of 50/50 decisions again. Hopefully will do better next GW!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

The guy who is first in Ireland and 16 in the world captained Dyer, genius, idiot or does he have a time machine??

I remember captaining Dyer in GW2 2 years ago after his good start in the first week against QPR. I got away with it as he managed an assist. It was my first full season though so gimme a break! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Down to 379k overall, horrendous, total of 154 now.
    . Shocking start but it's a long road to May.

43 points for the week. 166 in total. 178k. A fall of 100k. Lad on top of my work league has 196 points and is 3k so points are still condensed as I was saying yesterday.

Happy with my team moving forward following RVP out for Costa. I will never believe Jose Mourinho's trolling again. He ****ed me over with John Terry last season too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Good week, made up for the shambles of last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

8-10 wrote: »
    Good week, made up for the shambles of last week.

Ha, I was the complete opposite - ended up on 33 points this week, you know things are bad when Jones and Richardson are the top scoring points for the week :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lemlin wrote: »
    43 points for the week. 166 in total. 178k. A fall of 100k. Lad on top of my work league has 196 points and is 3k so points are still condensed as I was saying yesterday.

Happy with my team moving forward following RVP out for Costa. I will never believe Jose Mourinho's trolling again. He ****ed me over with John Terry last season too!

Are you not nervous about not having Costa?

61 for the week, 198 pts overall. Top 2.5k in the rankings and 3 for 3 in the h2h league.

That'll do pig....that'll do.

dahat wrote: »
    Down to 379k overall, horrendous, total of 154 now.
    . Shocking start but it's a long road to May.

I wouldn't overly worry. I am only 12 points but 200k places ahead of you!

FutureGuy wrote: »

He is selling Rvp for costa

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »

I've taken RVP back out for him. Back to having 2 mil banked!

Advertisement