Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wouldn't overly worry. I am only 12 points but 200k places ahead of you!

Guess most are still active players, when the game thins out a bit it will hopefully look better than 379k!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big drop down to 550k, very disappointing week. Not having Costa killed me.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

55 points this week and sitting 36k overall.
    Was going to use the wildcard begrudgingly but I'm going to hang onto it now. Will prob active after GW7 starts as my team is fairly well set up until then (I hope)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I finish on 54 points which seems reasonably good for the GW, judging from scores posted. Disappointing though, most of those came yesterday and after today's massive 5 point haul I dropped 200k places on last night. Shocking day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Still at 1k overall after a good gameweek score of 60. Had Siggy, Sterling, & Costa. If only Mata had worked out as captain! At least, the majority of peoples captains didn't work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Chambers two bonus, and a clean sheet WTF?.....ha had him starting and hadn't even heard he came on till checked scores. Along with sterling and rambo made it a good day of 62 to take me to top 70k overall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

50 points and a drop of 13k to 116k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

40 and down to 248k overall, its to early to worry about overall ranking yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Got rid of Jovetic last week before his 13 point haul and now Costa before his 12 points, not the greatest of starts, can only get better... hopefully
    PARlance wrote: »
    Let us know who's on the chopping block this week? :D

Very unlucky...
    Got rid of Sanchez for Ramsey as well as part of the hit so he'll probably get a hat-trick later!

Haha, I hate this game.. 839k in the world, will enjoy the international break for once and hope my fortune will change when we come back. Although maybe a wildcard might be in order...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bah, annoying week. Looked like keeping Costa was saving things and 45 after yesterday was decent looking. Ramsey who I brought in for Sanchez and Hutton only adding 4 today sees a GW rank of 928k, red arrows everywhere and a drop overall of 200k to 380ish.

Transfers failed badly this week, need to have a serious think about this wildcard, although being careful not to play it out of annoyance....

Apologies for dragging mr p into the Jovetic fiasco, and dahat as well was it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »

Apologies for dragging mr p into the Jovetic fiasco, and dahat as well was it!?

No apologies needed, we knew the risks it was just one of those things. Who knew that Rambo wouldn't score in every single game either :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

No apologies needed, we knew the risks it was just one of those things. Who knew that Rambo wouldn't score in every single game either :o

When my phone beeped to say the was a goal in the arsenal game I just knew without looking that it would be Sanchez scoring to totally make a mockery of my -4 gamble.

You ended with a decent score though in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Some luck to finish this crazy GW with Chambers 8 pts.

Could have been better had I kept Caulker... Should have gone with the popular Fletcher -> Naismith transfer which in the worse case would have given me cash (with the potential WC in mind for this GW, it was the right transfer to do) and trust more my GW1 selection which was thought to reflect a good enough balanced team for the first 6 GWs... Every year I make the same mistake, getting too much addicted to price changes.

Ah well. 55 pts. 163 overall which is correct I'd say. Overall rank means nothing at the moment anyway. At least I'm consistent. 54, 54 and now 55 pts :cool:.

Now to play the WC the best way possible... It'll be tougher to gain cash than previous years though with the mysterious chaos around price changes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

55 in total with Pieters my third sub. Down from 10k to 40k after today.

I'd have snapped your hand off for anything near to 50 this week pre-deadline so I'm very happy with that score. 3 good weeks in a row so a bad one can't be too far away I'm sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

51 points, down from 12k to 20k - can't complain.

Very good start, wildcard still available and I think I will save it for the right moment (injuries / DGW maybe?).

Lack of price rises/falls resources means I would probably gain 0.2-0.5 if I wildcard now. I pass - 3.9 sitting in the bank so I should be fine. Plenty of cheap options scoring points out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

30 points!! So disappointing. In a 6-3 win over Everton Fab only manages to get one lousy assist, and Coleman manages to score an OG cancelling out his own efforts. Shocking week that has me down in all leagues and into the 700 thousands overall. Dying to use the wildcard but no point until internationals are over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

FunLover18 wrote: »
    30 points!! So disappointing. In a 6-3 win over Everton Fab only manages to get one lousy assist, and Coleman manages to score an OG cancelling out his own efforts. Shocking week that has me down in all leagues and into the 700 thousands overall. Dying to use the wildcard but no point until internationals are over

35 weeks left - You can easily go back from 700k to 100k in one week alone;)

I understand the frustration of 30 points, though. I know that feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A very uninspiring 45 points has me somewhere around 450k. A bit disappointed with this based on some of the high positions on here! But I also realise that there's not actually that many points between me and top 100k.

Somehow I managed to jump to the top of my PL, so that's something I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

a poxy score of 44 after wildcarding sends me back down to circa 200k

Gutted! If i hadn't of touched my team i'd have scored higher!:rolleyes::o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Happy enough with that week - can't log on for some reason at the minute but was 58 points for the week (iirc), and up to around 2,350 globally.... though I feel that's a bit of a misleading position, and that there's a far tighter bunched field than before behind me, so one more mediocre week and I'll fall reasonably.

One thing gnawing away at me is that I overthought it a bit this week. Read here about Costa but consciously decided that he was still likely to play, so kept him in first team but removed my captaincy - gave it to Ramsey. Even if Ramsey had done something small yesterday, even keeping a clean sheet, I would've been happy-ish - but can't help but be annoyed at the needless loss of 10 points. If I had just left well alone, it would've been a great great week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

50 Points on a bad week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Happy enough with that week - can't log on for some reason at the minute but was 58 points for the week (iirc), and up to around 2,350 globally.... though I feel that's a bit of a misleading position, and that there's a far tighter bunched field than before behind me, so one more mediocre week and I'll fall reasonably.

One thing gnawing away at me is that I overthought it a bit this week. Read here about Costa but consciously decided that he was still likely to play, so kept him in first team but removed my captaincy - gave it to Ramsey. Even if Ramsey had done something small yesterday, even keeping a clean sheet, I would've been happy-ish - but can't help but be annoyed at the needless loss of 10 points. If I had just left well alone, it would've been a great great week.

It was the right decision to captain Ramsey over Costa. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it was the wrong decision. Every decision won't work out 100% of the time.

Scored 60 to take my total to 201 points (1k overall) if memory serves me right. Delighted with the way things are going so far. Top of Donedeal & Puntershangout leagues, 4th on boards. Like segadreamcast I can't log on at the moment? Anyway, I'm happy with my team atm. Wish there was some way I could work Ivanovic into my team but can't finance it. He's getting forward so often this season.

I had Mata as captain. That clean sheet actually worked out well for me, 3 points! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Scored 60 to take my total to 201 points (1k overall) if memory serves me right. Delighted with the way things are going so far. Top of Donedeal & Puntershangout leagues, 4th on boards. Like segadreamcast I can't log on at the moment? Anyway, I'm happy with my team atm. Wish there was some way I could work Ivanovic into my team but can't finance it. He's getting forward so often this season.

I had Mata as captain. That clean sheet actually worked out well for me, 3 points! :D

Fair play! I made it into top 1k in my first season for a few weeks - but I think there were only about half the players back then? Much much harder now! That's deadly. Boards league is always mad competitive, normally whoever is top there is top in Ireland it seems?

Cheers man. I haven't touched my midfield or strikers since I started. Got lucky that they would do so well but I did think they would (and will) have good seasons. My mids are Mata, Fab, Ramsey, Sterling, Siggy, and forwards are Rooney, Costa, and Zamora benching it.

Just goes to show you how important captain choices are at this stage with points total so close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Had a poor first week and slowly back in the hunt now with 63 this week.

Ashley Young!!!!!!, WTF was i thinking..........ditto with Ki.

Continuing a trend from last season im going for the odd 'out there' transfer. Giroud to Weimann (over Naismith) worked out.

Its all very tight at the moment and the swings are huge depending. 7 pts separates 50k from 120k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

daithijjj wrote: »
    Had a poor first week and slowly back in the hunt now with 63 this week.

Ashley Young!!!!!!, WTF was i thinking..........ditto with Ki.

Continuing a trend from last season im going for the odd 'out there' transfer. Giroud to Weimann (over Naismith) worked out.

Its all very tight at the moment and the swings are huge depending. 7 pts separates 50k from 120k.

None of my out there transfers ever work. Last year it was fer and lamela. This year it was hoilett. In general I find you're better off going with the pack, differentials rarely pay off (maybe I'm just picking the wrong ones).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

qwabercd wrote: »
    None of my out there transfers ever work. Last year it was fer and lamela. This year it was hoilett. In general I find you're better off going with the pack, differentials rarely pay off (maybe I'm just picking the wrong ones).

Its always a gamble tbh. They are generally short term for me, you hope they come off and rise at least .2 (which is easy enough with low ownership players), then offload again. Fixtures has a lot to do with it too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

after a great weekend at the picnic I logged on today see I got 33 points. useless

• Advertisement
Advertisement