Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Matchday thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Absolutely disaster of a day for me so far. Rooney as captain and Shawcross sitting on the bench with the CS.

Absolutely disaster of a day for me so far. Rooney as captain and Shawcross sitting on the bench with the CS.

Both good choices though. Who expected Stoke to hold (so far) against Man City?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I think most people would have benched their stoke defenders, it was the logical choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I'll see your Rooney and raise you De Gea and Pieters on bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FT Man City :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

FT 1-0 stoke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

City 0-1 Stoke FT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Did Aguero get the full 90?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Begovic due any BPS?

Lemlin wrote: »
    Did Aguero get the full 90?

Yep

• Advertisement

Zaha goal Palace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Jones and Begovic my top scorers today. All my forwards a complete flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Begovic to Krul what could go wrong:eek:

Woop, caulker clean sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Begovic due any BPS?

Provisionally no

3 Points (32 BPS): Diouf
    2 Points (31 BPS): Pieters
    1 Point (23 BPS): Wilson

37 points, possibly an extra 4 or 5 bonus points. 4 players left to go. It will do after captaining Rooney.

Diouf getting me 8 or 9 points after I had seriously considered dumping him for a -4:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Siggy(C), Ferdinand cleanie, and City blank = great result from 1500 matches. Should have started Bardsley :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

whats the story with that Clyne assist???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

FPL better add that Clyne assist later or there will be hell to pay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

23pts, + 2BPs, + 5 to play inc captain.

Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Well...I've had something of a stinker. :pac: It's all up to Costa to save the day.

Somehow every season the week I use my WC is a complete flop.

Taylor's clean sheet and Siggy (what active player doesn't have him at this stage?) are my only successes today.

Still happen with the team I've picked and how it'll perform going forward.

Ade, Sterling, Fab and Ramsey left to try and salvage the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

21 with Ramsey, Fabregas, Sterling, Hutton & Adebayor to play. Could finish up decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Delighted so far, should be on 46 after BPs with Fabregas, Costa, Ramsey and Hutton to go. Fletcher needs to be shown the door ASAP, reckon he's likely to get dropped soon anyway. May go for a short term punt on Gayle who's looking good. Zaha could be a revelation for Palace. Only on for 20 minutes, scored, had one disallowed and had another chance too. Probably on penalties, could be a snip at 5.4m.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Taylor's clean sheet and Siggy (what active player doesn't have him at this stage?) are my only successes today.

Still happen with the team I've picked and how it'll perform going forward.

Ade, Sterling, Fab and Ramsey left to try and salvage the week.
    Yep only problem is dummett losing his place if burnley dont sign a cb before the deadline Ill transfer him to Duff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

21 with Costa, Fabregas, Azpilicueta, Chambers and Sanchez to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

23 points, captain fail with rooney, dzeko 1 pointer, rio on the bench with 6, DDG and siggy the only bright points for me so far, need baines and fabregas to save my week

qwabercd wrote: »
    Delighted so far, should be on 46 after BPs with Fabregas, Costa, Ramsey and Hutton to go. Fletcher needs to be shown the door ASAP, reckon he's likely to get dropped soon anyway. May go for a short term punt on Gayle who's looking good. Zaha could be a revelation for Palace. Only on for 20 minutes, scored, had one disallowed and had another chance too. Probably on penalties, could be a snip at 5.4m.

:eek:

who did you play today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

lol 23pts from 5 incl' captain. guzan hutton costa fab ramsey sterling to go come on villains cs

• Advertisement

Yep only problem is dummett losing his place if burnley dont sign a cb before the deadline Ill transfer him to Duff.

I reckon I'll do the same or else I have .5 in reserve so could bring in Rio.

I've 25 with the 4 lads left to play. Would be delighted to reach 40. 50 would be dreamland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

22 points from 4 players. Happy with that. Nearly took a 4 point hit to swap out Costa but held off. Transfer in this week was Clyne so hope he gets that assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

With Newcastle conceding three today I would imagine there should be changes at the back again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

After the disappointment of captain Rooney I'm delighted with clean sheets for Begovic Taylor and Caulkier who I was gonna transfer out earlier this week. Siggy doing the business again wonder will he be able to keep those performances week in week out. Hope Costa gets a few now.

Not sure when to use my wc now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

:eek:

who did you play today?

Siggy captained is the bulk of it, should get me 22 points. Taylor with 6, Jones with 9 and then the rest did feck all. Ward Prowse on the bench with an assist too, was kinda hoping Costa wouldn't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Could even start a #JusticeForSiggy campaign to get the assist for the second goal if we want to be greedy. He puts the ball in, defender heads straight to Routledge who scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

31 with Azpi, Debuchy, Ramsey, Eriksen and Costa to play. Good start to the gameweek but I feel Fletcher has run his course in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Siggy owned by 32% ,sterling owned by 38% ,plenty active teams don't have Siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

32 points with 5 players yet to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Well. Caulker -> Dummett was some success... Ah well maybe that saved £0.1m will prove crucial later ... or not.
    Wanyama not playing is a concern though I eventually may not need my bench fodder this week.
    Rooney (C) Siggy (VC) is raging but c'est la vie I still believe the FFS (C) poll is a good way to go over the entire season.
    Fletcher uselessness needs to go.
    Defense needs a complete rethinking.
    And Mata might be gone.

Not exactly a scenario I was expecting for today.
    That said, I'm still unsure about playing the WC for this coming international break, especially if the price change prediction sites have not yet figured it all out.
    The only good result today was City failure. Combined with their next 2 fixtures, it hopefully should prevent Silva & Aguero to rise too much and too quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Should be at 42 after siggy bps with 5 to play. Captaining siggy worked out well but the real master stroke was getting in jovetic for dzeko, 1 point gain... oh yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Clyne assist??? Will it be added? Keeper saved his shot which was then tucked away, is that what happened?

I'm on 30. Not great. Costa, Fabregas, Ramsey, Debuchy, and Terry to go. Could do with a good showing from Costa. He's the closest thing I've got to a differential!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

An average 35 with 4 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

28 (8) with 6 to play...... grrrrr this season could be slipping away before the transfer window even closes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

27 with Hutton, Terry, Fabregas, Ramsey and Costa to go.

Need a Chelsea stormer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

What a total disaster. Played wildcard this morning after a week of mulling over it. Kind of decided I wasn't spending the entire international break thinking about and playing the WC so just went with it this morning.

Captain Rooney fail. His price will fall and I don't have enough to replace him with Sturridge without a hit.

Wanyama doesn't even play so I can't even get the bench fodder right.

I sell Begovic and he keeps his first clean sheet.
    Krul and Coloccini let in 3 each at home against Palace. You couldn't make it up

Still, a high scoring game between Liverpool and Spurs with Sterling and Ade featuring prominently will do nicely and might yet save my week.

I'm now dreading what Costa will do. Watching Mayo v Kerry. I'll wait a while to see what Costa scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

27 with Hutton, Terry, Fabregas, Ramsey and Costa to go.

Need a Chelsea stormer!

28 and same players to play! Rambo is my captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

FutureGuy wrote: »
    An average 35 with 4 to play.

I'd love to have had an average 35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Took out Caulker and Bardsley and changed captain from Sigurdson to Mata at the last minute my god this game can really hurt ya.

ESP added so BPS now final

3 for Diouf and 2 for Siggy means I'll get to 42 with 4 to play, no hits. Will certainly take that after the Rooney captain fail.

Caulker narrowly missed out on a single bp

• Advertisement
Advertisement