Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burnley v Man Utd 12.45pm Kick off BT Sport 1

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Soups123 wrote: »
    There's no rule that makes it a guarentee either, it's a split second for refs to make a call

My first and second view was no peno

I'm talking in relation to consistency with other decisions really. The guys arms are recklessly raised for a rising ball, when the ball hits his hands or arm I don't think he can be excuses under any logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

CSF wrote: »
    I'm talking in relation to consistency with other decisions really. The guys arms are recklessly raised for a rising ball, when the ball hits his hands or arm I don't think he can be excuses under any logic.

Refs and consistency will never exist.

I get your point re his arms and I think it would be more a factor in they blocked the shot but it was his stomach with the hand hit after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Looking at city's line up there on setanta , how come city can play silva and nasri on the wings and we can't play mata there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Keep the head up. Don't let them see you cry

When will we see the next incarnation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Looking at city's line up there on setanta , how come city can play silva and nasri on the wings and we can't play mata there ?

Yaya and fenandinho cover a ton of ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Looking at city's line up there on setanta , how come city can play silva and nasri on the wings and we can't play mats there ?

Mata doesn't do well there.

Bv8q2yvCEAAp6SP.jpg

Soups123 wrote: »
    Refs and consistency will never exist.

I get your point re his arms and I think it would be more a factor in they blocked the shot but it was his stomach with the hand hit after

I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's of any consequence when his arms are raised like that.

It's not the same as when the ball takes a wicked bounce and comes up to someone's raised arm. There's no bad luck in this one, just recklessness in his defending that should have been punished by a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

CSF wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, I just don't think it's of any consequence when his arms are raised like that.

It's not the same as when the ball takes a wicked bounce and comes up to someone's raised arm. There's no bad luck in this one, just recklessness in his defending that should have been punished by a penalty.

So you charge around the field like Mr Bean when you run? It hit him in the stomach and touched his arm on the way down. No way intended or preventing of a goal ... reckless defending. Be more worried about the lack of chances created in the game when you have Mata/Rvp/Rooney/ADM on the field than hoping to be handed a cheap penalty.

Having watched the game i gotta say on LVG - it is one thing to have a Philosophy and to want to implement it BUT its entirely another thing to persist with a system that A) Your players are clearly not able to execute and B) Some are incapable of playing.

Even the substitutions were crazy bringing on Anderson???

Its truly amazing to see how bad some of the United players are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Burnley are no mugs. Our 3-1 win there didnt justify how well they played. Theyll be a tough team to play all season.
    That game is the only time under dyche that burnley have conceded 3 goals at home. Granted the opposition will be a lot tougher this year. Two visits to turf moor in the PL for utd and no goals scored.

• Advertisement

So you charge around the field like Mr Bean when you run? It hit him in the stomach and touched his arm on the way down. No way intended or preventing of a goal ... reckless defending. Be more worried about the lack of chances created in the game when you have Mata/Rvp/Rooney/ADM on the field than hoping to be handed a cheap penalty.

Having watched the game i gotta say on LVG - it is one thing to have a Philosophy and to want to implement it BUT its entirely another thing to persist with a system that A) Your players are clearly not able to execute and B) Some are incapable of playing.

Even the substitutions were crazy bringing on Anderson???

Its truly amazing to see how bad some of the United players are.
    No you don't charge around, but when someone hits a rising shot you put your arms by your side, it's what you're coached from a young age. He had time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Danger781 wrote: »
    Mata doesn't do well there.

Bv8q2yvCEAAp6SP.jpg

That is very misleading. How many of his goals came from central positions for instance? I seem to remember him and Kagawa interchanging a lot in the latter stages of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He lacks speed, Silva and Nasri are hardly Olympic sprinters but they have a burst of speed and ability to carry the ball that Mata hasn't. They are more effective than Mata defensively, better at pressing, better at tracking, capable of covering more ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,314 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Paul Scholes looking so uncomfortable and out of place there on BT

He bizarrely kept on repeating that Utd need to get the ball wide more often .

Was he watching the same match as me ,because Utd's sole tactic was to pass the ball wide to the two stooges Young and Valencia who were doubled up on by Burnley .
    Utds sole strategy in the second half was to play the ball down the right wing .

A truly awful performance by Utd ,they didnt trouble the Burnley goalie once, a feeble 2 shots on target in 90 minutes .
    That was Burnley's first 0-0 draw in 41 Premier League games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This is horrible to watch, defense is obviously told to play it out which consists of ddg to Evans, Evans to blackett, blackett to ddg and smash, sometimes blackett just smashed it himself. Not really their problem as midfield didn't show for the ball. I also thought midfield was very poor, Fletcher is finished at this level, Valencia smashed the ball at the defender all night, young is normally bad but he's absolutely terrible at wing back. Mata and strikers were shocking too

Ddg - 8 - didn't have anything to do
    Evans - 3 - shocking
    Blackett - 6 - passing let him down
    Jones - 6 - best of the defenders, still pretty poor
    Valencia - 4 - good positions did nothing with the ball
    Young - 6 - wwas pretty average
    Fletcher - 1 - shocking
    Mata - 5 - was poor
    Di Maria - 8 - looked very sharp till his injury
    Rooney - 3 - rubbish
    Rvp - 2 - for how many times he touched the ball all game

Nice one Burnley, cracking result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nice one Burnley, cracking result

38 more points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

You dont think Utd will be up for this? Get out of it man!
    This is where Utds season must start. A must win here. Forget sbout the MKDONS result. That wasnt near the starting 11 that will be out there today. Di Maria for his debut. Hope he starts with s bang.
    Utd to win 2-0

an ironic good call before the game:confused:;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the spurs game

Hope your enjoying it?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement